timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
2:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@redline4, Hate to bring up a GM question after hours. But what does the General say about maintenance intervals on this Trail Boss with the 10 series auto? The dealer says they don't need serviced. A very reputable trans center says with this specific trans by vin it should be every 25k miles. They drop the pan, filter, drain torque, and purge fluid till clean and fill. I guess there were 3 styles of autos in the 1500's. Do you call BS or is there some truth to it? Thx man

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a helluva hobby farmer tractor. 70hp 4WD.
Neighbor thought it had too many hours as he is used to the other green tractors. Didn't know anything about the deutz so let me have it cheap, with the caveat that there was no warranty. Been using it for 11 years now. Lol

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
1:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@redline4, Hate to bring up a GM question after hours. But what does the General say about maintenance intervals on this Trail Boss with the 10 series auto? The dealer says they don't need serviced. A very reputable trans center says with this specific trans by vin it should be every 25k miles. They drop the pan, filter, drain torque, and purge fluid till clean and fill. I guess there were 3 styles of autos in the 1500's. Do you call BS or is there some truth to it? Thx man

Depending on year could have the 6spd, 8spd or 10spd.
The general doesn't really have a service interval on much anymore.
You'll never fully drain a torque converter unless you cut it in half.
A simple drop pan, replace filter and aproximate 8ish+ qts it takes will be just fine.
If towing, I don't see an issue with 25k. 50k would be fine too.
If just normal driving, I'd take it to 50k.
6spd takes Dexron VI
8spd takes Mobil 1 HP LV
10 Speed takes Dexron ULV

No dipstick either. Need to fill through pan or plug Depending on trans and check at temp, which varies by trans too.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Depending on year could have the 6spd, 8spd or 10spd.
The general doesn't really have a service interval on much anymore.
You'll never fully drain a torque converter unless you cut it in half.
A simple drop pan, replace filter and aproximate 8ish+ qts it takes will be just fine.
If towing, I don't see an issue with 25k. 50k would be fine too.
If just normal driving, I'd take it to 50k.
6spd takes Dexron VI
8spd takes Mobil 1 HP LV
10 Speed takes Dexron ULV

No dipstick either. Need to fill through pan or plug Depending on trans and check at temp, which varies by trans too.
Understood on the ultra low viscosity. He was kinda vague when I asked on an old school drain plug in the torque. I believe that's why he responded with the purge and clean machine filter final check. They are back logged till October LOL. Thx for the response Ed.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Either of you slackers any good at golf or just out there leaving divots on every shot?
there was a time when i was a decent player, but i dont have much time for golf these days. we both hit some good shots and enjoyed a nice ep carillo in the wind and rain lol

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Understood on the ultra low viscosity. He was kinda vague when I asked on an old school drain plug in the torque. I believe that's why he responded with the purge and clean machine filter final check. They are back logged till October LOL. Thx for the response Ed.

10 speed fills through a plug in the side of the case. Drivers side, towards rear of trans.
Need to remove the front propshaft, which in turn need to remove the front sway bar for access.
Also, to get the pan off the Y-pipe will need to be unbolted from the manifolds to give enough room to remove the pan.
And lastly, the right side 02 sensor needs to come out because it's right in front of a manifold stud. And to get to that you need to remove the right front wheel liner..
Cars are great. Honest..

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
10 speed fills through a plug in the side of the case. Drivers side, towards rear of trans.
Need to remove the front propshaft, which in turn need to remove the front sway bar for access.
Also, to get the pan off the Y-pipe will need to be unbolted from the manifolds to give enough room to remove the pan.
And lastly, the right side 02 sensor needs to come out because it's right in front of a manifold stud. And to get to that you need to remove the right front wheel liner..
Cars are great. Honest..
I will never own anything that new.