Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
12:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 427366

Gotta love day shift, just leave the mess for someone else to find.

This is one of our overhead cranes. Someone was in a hurry, and ran the hook all the way up while it was swinging, and the cables jumped out of their grooves in the drum. New hire I've been training went to use it, and came to show me immediately.

I have heard that this damages the cable, and it should be replaced afterwards. Is that correct @Dream ?

Edit, I thought Woodrow worked on Cranes. My bad
@Woodrow is the man at a hydrocrane place. I used to be a mobile crane operator. I think @Dream repairs overhead cranes like you have and should know best.
All I can offer is any time we had any kind of blooper go on like that, the cable got removed, inspected and if found bad replaced.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Over the years I've tried all sorts Andy. Sea sick meds just make me drowsy as. Pretty sure drinking would be counter productive.
Here’s one for you

I ALWAYS get seasick on the ocean in Alaska, on small charter boats, even on the very large ferries when it’s rough

I have NEVER been seasick in Hawaii despite being on dozens of boats in some pretty rough seas

🤷🏻‍♂️

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Survived the races last night. A little tired this morning. But we are diving into the first aid training and CPR today
Remember to have everyone perform CPR to the beat of the song Bodies by Drowning Pool…

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
1:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here’s one for you

I ALWAYS get seasick on the ocean in Alaska, on small charter boats, even on the very large ferries when it’s rough

I have NEVER been seasick in Hawaii despite being on dozens of boats in some pretty rough seas

🤷🏻‍♂️
I blame climate change and Al Gore