Not So Pro 3

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's the one thing I am pissed about with my 4Runner, following Toyota's recommendation on their tranny fluid

200,000 and never been changed and apparently if I do it now it will almost certainly go full FUBAR

I think we discussed this before

Having Deja Vu

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
1:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening stink stars. Back home and it’s nice and sunny here but weather turns wet and cold tomorrow. Was a great time down in Florida and we will go back. Busy week ahead for me with pt and doctor appointment. May finally be able to stop doing the dally. I see we have a new tranny on the forum @Loony661

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
1:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening stink stars. Back home and it’s nice and sunny here but weather turns wet and cold tomorrow. Was a great time down in Florida and we will go back. Busy week ahead for me with pt and doctor appointment. May finally be able to stop doing the dally. I see we have a new tranny on the forum @Loony661
Sure do - pics inbound later.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's the one thing I am pissed about with my 4Runner, following Toyota's recommendation on their tranny fluid

200,000 and never been changed and apparently if I do it now it will almost certainly go full FUBAR

I think we discussed this before

Having Deja Vu
i dont like how the companies are trying to do oil savings but they ruin more than they save

pay for oil and grease is cheaper than metal
Pics inbound?

:oops:

Please don't be Dall

Please don't be Dall

Please don't be Dall
who are you hoping for ?lol

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i dont like how the companies are trying to do oil savings but they ruin more than they save

pay for oil and grease is cheaper than metal
I get that lubricants are better than they used to be but for the service writers at the dealer to flat tell you they won't open the tranny and if you make them it's on you is criminal

I know now I could have done a series of sequential drain and fill procedures about 4-5 times and ended up with essentially new fluid but I didn't look long and hard enough when it could have mattered

That's on me

I had to fight the dealer tooth and nail to change the oil on my little car at 5,000 miles and I wasn't about to take it to Quicky Lube

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get that lubricants are better than they used to be but for the service writers at the dealer to flat tell you they won't open the tranny and if you make them it's on you is criminal

I know now I could have done a series of sequential drain and fill procedures about 4-5 times and ended up with essentially new fluid but I didn't look long and hard enough when it could have mattered

That's on me

I had to fight the dealer tooth and nail to change the oil on my little car at 5,000 miles and I wasn't about to take it to Quicky Lube
thats when you find another dealer or a different brand

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sadly only a single dealer and I am not switching brands

Guess I am fücked
lol you sound like my sister
her and her husband only drive toys
they are overpriced and i dont see the quality

but id be telling the dealer you are the boss and he can suck a dick even if its his own