maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fml. *Your

I'm an engineering major, not English. I does maff and fizziks.

I sucked at grammar/english/spelling in school. I never figured out the, your, you're, thing until later in life when I was reading a book. Once I figured it out in my head I felt really dumb.

Teachers never explained it to me, they just always circled my fugg ups with a red pen, or they wrote a big F by my mistakes. Now I see them and they stand out to me.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Got a chance to see if there was still Ice on the lake.
20240201_121348.jpg20240201_121505.jpg
Some, but there are some areas near shore that are opening. NOT F _ kin good. Even the fish and dark houses have been pulled in the last week.

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
2:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sucked at grammar/english/spelling in school. I never figured out the, your, you're, thing until later in life when I was reading a book. Once I figured it out in my head I felt really dumb.

Teachers never explained it to me, they just always circled my fugg ups with a red pen, or they wrote a big F by my mistakes. Now I see them and they stand out to me.
Ironically, I consider myself to be somewhat good at spelling, grammar, and punctuation. However, I type fast and have a tendency to let my guard down in the presence of a bunch of slackers.

It's fairly often I get emails or have to read papers written by people my age and a lot of them are really poorly written. It's one thing on a chainsaw forum or a text message but it is not a good look in a professional setting.
In what year of automotive engineering do they teach people to design automobiles that only 4’ Asians with hands the size of a Barbie doll can actually work on?
That was a pre-requisite.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
1:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sure glad the local TV just broke into coverage of a group of people in PA dressed as if they are ready to burn some witches holding a rodent and telling me a story about how winter will end early.
This is why I don’t watch any channel that shows news.