Not So Pro 3

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning, 33 to 40 with scattered rain showers, snowing on the mountains around us I bet

Supposed to be getting our storage shed delivered on Monday at 10:00 and the fence crew is supposed to start on Wednesday

I am feeling anxious because of the weather but if we can get these two projects buttoned up it is the last major hurdle to getting the new house set up and finished

The hot tub will have to wait until next summer

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
11:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy Folks! Pruned some pine trees today. Luckily the localized thunderstorms missed us. Got pretty windy for a while though. It’s always fun getting out of trees on a windy day…feels like the ground is moving under you.

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So here's one for our resident fućked up wedding attendee @JoeDirt . Co-worker says his grandkids are coming over today so that his daughter can attend a wedding in Detroit with reception immediately following at a ski resort up near my cabin, about an hour south of @huskihl . It's a solid three hour drive. Probably a blast in the wedding party limo, but a great big GFY to everyone else. The parents paying for the nonsense must be beaming with pride.
What ever happened to damn fire hall wedding? Why can't anyone just do a simple wedding anymore?

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
5:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your chickadee pics always make me think I need to take the time to try that...
I came back after the fire and I couldn’t find the normal flock I could get to land, sad after I realized that. This was the first one that flew to me and landed since, must have been on of the ones hanging around before the fire, I believe they moved their general area because their thickets got scorched

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
re: Weddings.
There's a whole series of these shorts on youtube, from Cracked Magazine. (remember them?)
Cynically funny and a nice, quick, pace to these.
I've probably spent too much time watching and shaking my head yes, to a number of them.

"honest ads"(?) series. Usually runs about 5~6 mins per video/topic.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
8:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morena E Hoas.
Scorched 3 different sorts of weeds last night (not including that type diks).
Today change some ute filters and wash a years grime off it.

Keep safe ay. Oh, and hug your buddy heater if he's a thing. I laugh, but I don't judge.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a random~ish side note on the wild birds.
Back when I still had a cat to look after, the local birds discovered the large water bowl I kept outside for her.
Dumped and refreshed every morning.
But It would be bird-arse nasty by lunchtime most days.
Cat was a serious mouser/rodent control so we wanted to keep her healthy.

Anyways, It finally dawned on me to try useing an old trashcan lid as birdbath.
I put the birdbath out towards a rearward woody side of back yard.
Didn't add but few moments to the morning water change, But stopped the bird mess in water bowl, once the birds found the bath dish.
The other cool thing was getting to see some Bluebirds and a few others that I hadn't realized were still around then.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny/interesting about the bluejay pump call.
Somehow the ones here make more of a "purttle-geet" racket when they do it.
Interesting how birds tend to develop localized calls.
The ones here always seemed to use that call for locating others and staging a raid on fruit trees.
Typically would be groups of five jays, two across the street in tall trees and the rest of them in back yard. All of them taking rotation on pecking the fruit.
You couldn't even sneak out the front without that loud alarm call from one of the sentries.
No fruit trees anymore, but still see it done for acorns in the oaks.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The first one took quite a while but once one trusted me the rest did 🤷‍♂️ They even make a certain sound and when I hear that sound I know I can turn around and see one looking at me trying to get my attention lol
I know that sound. They really complain when the feeder is empty.