Not So Pro 3

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
10:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are the middle men equally hated by customers and mechanics. Why do they exist again?

Supposedly they are the liaison between the customer and the clown working on the vehicle.
In reality they are superhero's in their own mind by making unrealistic promises to strangers that people like me have to then keep by doing things in an unreasonable timeline while they surf facebook and tik tok and tell everyone in earshot how difficult their job is.
And when presented with an unforeseen issue, completely freak out and waste the next 45 minutes stressing out over calling the customer and telling them the situation. It's life, get over it and do your fukkin job.
Oh, and they know everything there is to know about cars and trucks. Everything.

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
11:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Supposedly they are the liaison between the customer and the clown working on the vehicle.
In reality they are superhero's in their own mind by making unrealistic promises to strangers that people like me have to then keep by doing things in an unreasonable timeline while they surf facebook and tik tok and tell everyone in earshot how difficult their job is.
And when presented with an unforeseen issue, completely freak out and waste the next 45 minutes stressing out over calling the customer and telling them the situation. It's life, get over it and do your fukkin job.
Oh, and they know everything there is to know about cars and trucks. Everything.

Sounds all too familiar, just like the salespeople that I used to pull orders and deliver for. They sit at their desks and make unrealistic promises to customers so that now I have to bust my ass to get their order pulled or delivered on time. Happened all the time at the fence place.

"200 7 foot schedule 40 line posts by tomorrow? Sure, we can do that."

"Wait, we don't have 7 foot line posts? That's okay you can cut them down from 8s."

Which is a royal PITA, takes hours and then *f-words up inventory because said salesperson is too lazy to change the counts.

Or at Lowe's, I'd come back at noon to get my last delivery and find out they added 3 more on that haven't even been pulled yet. Then they get pulled half-assed or not at all. My 8 hour day just got turned into a 12 hour day. They all leave at 3 and I'm still there pulling and delivering orders they shouldn't have sold.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
10:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds all too familiar, just like the salespeople that I used to pull orders and deliver for. They sit at their desks and make unrealistic promises to customers so that now I have to bust my ass to get their order pulled or delivered on time. Happened all the time at the fence place.

"200 7 foot schedule 40 line posts by tomorrow? Sure, we can do that."

"Wait, we don't have 7 foot line posts? That's okay you can cut them down from 8s."

Which is a royal PITA, takes hours and then *f-words up inventory because said salesperson is too lazy to change the counts.

Or at Lowe's, I'd come back at noon to get my last delivery and find out they added 3 more on that haven't even been pulled yet. Then they get pulled half-assed or not at all. My 8 hour day just got turned into a 12 hour day. They all leave at 3 and I'm still there pulling and delivering orders they shouldn't have sold.
Sounds just like foresters. They walk around the woods marking trees to be removed, getting paid $30/hr by the state, are only in the woods a half a day, and then get mad at the logger when the tree they wanted removed, damaged other trees surrounding it, because they have no actual idea how logging works. The magically think the trees just hit the ground and avoid eveything.. Glad I have only had to deal with them a handful of times.

I personally think that anyone who is in charge of an operation, must spend 1 full year working IN that end of it, to understand how things go, before they start making decisions about it.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds just like foresters. They walk around the woods marking trees to be removed, getting paid $30/hr by the state, are only in the woods a half a day, and then get mad at the logger when the tree they wanted removed, damaged other trees surrounding it, because they have no actual idea how logging works. The magically think the trees just hit the ground and avoid eveything.. Glad I have only had to deal with them a handful of times.

I personally think that anyone who is in charge of an operation, must spend 1 full year working IN that end of it, to understand how things go, before they start making decisions about it.
most of those are college educated idiots
You know the engineering type

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good Afternoon guys,

the toy truck in in the garage, it’s fixing time,, I wonder what gets fixed and what’s not :(

so they changed all 4 glow plugs, I paid for 3 and the other guy paid for 1 as it was only 1 that was faulty. Even thou the other 3 were high resistance.
They also did a leak off test, they say it needs 2 injectors.

I asked them what’s the amount they are supposed to leak back?. The answer back was the bottle of #1 cylinder was full so we had to stop the test, the test is supposed to be for 12 mins.
@redline4
i said well do you multiplication and tell me if the other 2 cylinders are in spec of not as there not a lot of difference between the other 3 I got a blank look back and said it need 2. I guess he didn’t time it that well. I sa8d the other guy will only pay for the faulty injectors !

Apparently the Lambda sensor which may not of been at fault last time was agreed this time it could be changed but I’d have to wait two days for them to get a new Lambda sensor. Wtf..

So I’ve got to take it back again :mad:

My vehicle is 2015 vw Amarok 2.0