Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Am I the only one who remembers cramming a folded up matchbook in under the 8 track to stop it from dragging?

...as well as dialing the last four digits to make a local call, party lines, polyester tires, corduroy pants, outhouses, pennies on the phonograph head to keep the needle from skipping and rewinding a cassette tape with a pencil when it spools out. Tin foil on the antenna and replacing tubes on the black and white Television followed up by setting the clock on the DVD player so it doesn't flash 12:00 for eternity. Lastly was getting a CD player that wouldn't skip in your car or truck.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
6:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Afternoon screen touchers and bush whackers(team bush here btw). About to head north to see what adventure there is to be had, just waiting for my ne'er do well nephew to complete some work for Dad and Mom before I can go. Looks like mostly good weather up there.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morena E Hoa's.
Screened some touchers.
Dodged some truck issues.
Identified some rare wildlife.

Great chat. Top marks from me.

Keep safe ay.
Take a sip out of your slipper cozie and calle in the morning Adam.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Figured out why the cylinder was leaking so bad.

(edit...forgot the digital image)
View attachment 336843
That's one fubarred gland. Looks to have been broke for awhile. The heavy screwdriver pry marks are interesting. Still trying to see what retains that in the barrel? A female gland nut of some sorts?? Help an old nosy guy out here Boss.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...as well as dialing the last four digits to make a local call, party lines, polyester tires, corduroy pants, outhouses, pennies on the phonograph head to keep the needle from skipping and rewinding a cassette tape with a pencil when it spools out. Tin foil on the antenna and replacing tubes on the black and white Television followed up by setting the clock on the DVD player so it doesn't flash 12:00 for eternity. Lastly was getting a CD player that wouldn't skip in your car or truck.
You forgot rabbit ears antennas, pliers to change the channel, and the 3 uhf tv stations you got. Creature double feature, 4 track players, and fm converters for your am radio.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’d have a dodge with a Cummins before I’d have a dodge with a gas motor or ford of any kind

*f-wordthehemi

What'z wrong with the hemi?

I wood not own a cummins after 2002, too many computers and emissions stuff on the 2003 and up's for me.

Will take a 12v any day, keeps all the mosquitoes and what not killed in a 3 county area.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What'z wrong with the hemi?

I wood not own a cummins after 2002, too many computers and emissions stuff on the 2003 and up's for me.

Will take a 12v any day, keeps all the mosquitoes and what not killed in a 3 county area.
if i wanted a gas engine that gets single digit fuel mileage id go with a carb 350 chevy motor
my yukon gets 13 and it stays parked more than it gets drove
maybe 5000 miles a year

Reactions: Lnk

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stumbled across the RIP threads today, never noticed them on here before.

See Dex died, that really sucks. Makes me sad. RIP Kenis.

Met him at the Iowa GTG in 2014 or 2015. Really cool guy to hang out with.

I had bought a mastermind 461 off of him a few weeks before the GTG, he hand delivered it there.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
if i wanted a gas engine that gets single digit fuel mileage id go with a carb 350 chevy motor
my yukon gets 13 and it stays parked more than it gets drove
maybe 5000 miles a year

I have 3 trucks with the 5.7 hemis, you have to drive it like a complete jackass, to get single digit mileage.

I average 13-15 with mine, drive it like a grandpa, I've got 17-18.