Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
6:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks nice, what happens if they don't wanna go in the trailer? Looks too wide an alley. Might just be the pictures don't show dimensions well. Hope it works out good.

My neighbors cows are limos and are skittish, but they like that green thing that brings those round bales.

Good morning all!

The whole thing is a sorting pen. But as for getting them into the trailer, that's not a problem. Where one goes, they all go. The idea is to sort them till the alley ahead of the trailer is full of the ones you want to load. Then push them toward the trailer closing gates behind.

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
7:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The whole thing is a sorting pen. But as for getting them into the trailer, that's not a problem. Where one goes, they all go. The idea is to sort them till the alley ahead of the trailer is full of the ones you want to load. Then push them toward the trailer closing gates behind.
Makes sense, your cows are not afraid of you as you spend some time with them. My neighbor only interact with them when feeding hay, (the green thing), and when putting them in the cue for freezer school. So they see him as bad. Tractor gets all the credit for the hay. The one calf we raised for him will come to me for an apple, the rest run away.

Nice job on the pen.

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup you have cattle you need a way to contain them and sort and or treat them
We have a chute etc at my place and dads and down in the pasture.
We put the mineral and salt in the coral in the pasture so they are used to going in it [emoji106]

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup you have cattle you need a way to contain them and sort and or treat them
We have a chute etc at my place and dads and down in the pasture.
We put the mineral and salt in the coral in the pasture so they are used to going in it [emoji106]

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

I feed them in the area by the pen, then a little while before I want to work them, or catch them, I start feeding them inside the pen. This morning I had about 45 head inside with plenty of room to spare.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Makes sense, your cows are not afraid of you as you spend some time with them. My neighbor only interact with them when feeding hay, (the green thing), and when putting them in the cue for freezer school. So they see him as bad. Tractor gets all the credit for the hay. The one calf we raised for him will come to me for an apple, the rest run away.

Nice job on the pen.

Some are more skittish than others. None of them allow me to touch them. I'd rather them run away from me than not. If they are too lame, then they can be much harder to move.

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some are more skittish than others. None of them allow me to touch them. I'd rather them run away from me than not. If they are too lame, then they can be much harder to move.

This is true
My are so tame you can’t chase them, you have to lead them with a bucket of corn

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning.
Is that how a guy could get Dallas into a Husqvarna dealer? Open the door, toss in a carton of Marlboro's and a can of Folgers?
...add a dent puller and a pic of Jason in uniform to definitively seal the deal. Lol

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time