Local time
4:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
lol ive seen alot of hammered on dog *s-word and coat hangers in my time

Me too Dallas
Doin it for 28yrs professionaly
We always looked at a bad weld and started looking up and the guy would ask what I was looking for, I said pigeons. Guy said what I said looks like pigeon chit [emoji15]

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Magnifier lenses are tits if your buying Boss. No judging here sir. We are all still learning// hopefully improving as we go LOL!

My Harbor Freight auto darkening helmet was great for mig and stick welding. I might need a better one for tig.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
5:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Harbor Freight auto darkening helmet was great for mig and stick welding. I might need a better one for tig.

Yes, you'll kill your eyes with the HF helmet if you weld a lot. The response time of the blink isn't fast enough. True color lens make a big difference in being able to see the weld puddle but they are pricy.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I would recommend a Huntsman or some other light weight helmet with the large window. If you can fit it in, put a clear protector over your shaded one on both sides to keep it cherry so all you have to do is replace the clear cheap one. A good pair of tig gloves is a must and if doing any amount you may want to wear a bandana around your neck like the cowboys do to keep from burning it. A good long sleeve shirt to keep your arms from "sun" burn as well. A number 12 lenz is recommended for tig welding if you can drop one or two shades it helps to see but is hard on your eyes.