Not So Pro 3

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
4:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok guys, I need a bit of help deciphering what wiring I need for a MS441c.
The wiring in it has been hacked on and I'm not sure what's all needed as this is the first one of these and M-trons I've had

20211213_065221.jpg 20211213_065237.jpg

I think I need callouts 13 and 14?
Right now there's a wire to the spade terminal at the coil, then a cobbled eyelet to a coil bolt and both of those go into the airbox. Obviously some wires go to the carb too, but not sure where it all ties together..
I'll try to get a pic of what's in the airbox when I go to work .

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What did you win?

The team I became a fan of because of my father, the team I watched with my father as he suffered in the hospital, the team I never got to take my dad to after I became a season ticket holder came back and won its first back to back championship in 60 years.

Do I play on the team no, but I am more emotionally indentured to this team than I am to Teams Stihl.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok guys, I need a bit of help deciphering what wiring I need for a MS441c.
The wiring in it has been hacked on and I'm not sure what's all needed as this is the first one of these and M-trons I've had

View attachment 319617 View attachment 319618

I think I need callouts 13 and 14?
Right now there's a wire to the spade terminal at the coil, then a cobbled eyelet to a coil bolt and both of those go into the airbox. Obviously some wires go to the carb too, but not sure where it all ties together..
I'll try to get a pic of what's in the airbox when I go to work .

Tear it apart.....clean it all up, then see exactly what you need. I can order anything for it once you determine what is actually faulty. That ipl has the heated handle option included, so its confusing.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The team I became a fan of because of my father, the team I watched with my father as he suffered in the hospital, the team I never got to take my dad to after I became a season ticket holder came back and won its first back to back championship in 60 years.

Do I play on the team no, but I am more emotionally indentured to this team than I am to Teams Stihl.

I don't understand the attachment to sports teams anymore than I understand the attachment to movie stars or political figures, but I absolutely understand what you just laid out.

Carry on.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tear it apart.....clean it all up, then see exactly what you need. I can order anything for it once you determine what is actually faulty. That ipl has the heated handle option included, so its confusing.

Thanks, will do.
Also, while I have you captive...
The throttle cable..
Where it connects to the carb, does it connect between the 2 ferrules or after the second? It was connected between the 2 and it will only open the throttle blade maybe 1/3 of the way..
The manual doesn't actually say..