Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You tellin' a damn story...

Them mf'rs ain't never saved me a penny, and I ain't had so much as a speeding ticket since '89.

I had my policy through Westfield. Had an accident 6 weeks or so ago.....first since I was 18. They raised my rates by 104.00 a month. So, I checked with Geico......saved over 200 a month. I chit you not.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like I might be having enough time to be a slacker and keep up with you slackers here in the nsp thread. Came down sick over the weekend in AZ and tested positive for teh ‘rona at home. Though friends in healthcare say a bad cold or flu can trigger a home test. Don’t have any tell tales like losing taste or smell yet, just head cold, sore throat, and aches.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like I might be having enough time to be a slacker and keep up with you slackers here in the nsp thread. Came down sick over the weekend in AZ and tested positive for teh ‘rona at home. Though friends in healthcare say a bad cold or flu can trigger a home test. Don’t have any tell tales like losing taste or smell yet, just head cold, sore throat, and aches.

If you can still smell.....I'd wanna get a "real" test if I was concerned. To be honest, if you are in good health, you will probably be fine.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I’m on the Fence trying to decide if I want to go to the doc and get tested and get prescribed whatever they will give me. I’m healthy but have heck with allergies. Don’t know which came first, the chicken or the egg, but when I have been to ear nose and throat doctors before, they pretty much weren’t able to poke around in my Schnoz because it’s super sensitive. I go into sneezing fits…I was barely able to swab my outer nose at home. I can’t lean my head over and sleep in a car or plane because the vibes tickle my nose and make me sneeze. I dunno if I could do them sticking it half way to my brain.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I’m on the Fence trying to decide if I want to go to the doc and get tested and get prescribed whatever they will give me. I’m healthy but have heck with allergies. Don’t know which came first, the chicken or the egg, but when I have been to ear nose and throat doctors before, they pretty much weren’t able to poke around in my Schnoz because it’s super sensitive. I go into sneezing fits…I was barely able to swab my outer nose at home. I can’t lean my head over and sleep in a car or plane because the vibes tickle my nose and make me sneeze. I dunno if I could do them sticking it half way to my brain.
Ya know, they’ll still leave that swab stuck up there even if you are sneezing/twitching. All the testing methods suck, but they’re over pretty quick. But, is there anything a doc could give you for the ‘Vid? I haven’t heard of any doc-approved stuff that helps you if you have Covid, but then again I haven’t really looked. I’d hate for you to get a nice doc bill for them saying “Call us if your symptoms get bad enough you need to be hospitalized”. (Edit: I just looked, all the treatment options I saw were supposed to be administered in a hospital, not “take this and rest” kinda stuff).

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya know, they’ll still leave that swab stuck up there even if you are sneezing/twitching. All the testing methods suck, but they’re over pretty quick. But, is there anything a doc could give you for the ‘Vid? I haven’t heard of any doc-approved stuff that helps you if you have Covid, but then again I haven’t really looked. I’d hate for you to get a nice doc bill for them saying “Call us if your symptoms get bad enough you need to be hospitalized”. (Edit: I just looked, all the treatment options I saw were supposed to be administered in a hospital, not “take this and rest” kinda stuff).

I took Azithromycin and steroids for Covid. Really really helped.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took Azithromycin and steroids for Covid. Really really helped.
I’m not tryin’ to start anything, but I thought steroids weren’t “approved” for helping Covid by the knowitall health organizations. I don’t care one way or the other, but that’s just what I recall hearing.