Not So Pro 3

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I should hope so.
One of the best cars I ever bought was an 80 Toyota Celica that had been sitting under a pine tree for a couple years. $50 for the car, a used junkyard battery, a couple used tires and I thrashed the hell out of it for almost a year driving back and forth to tech school.
It rode real nice at 40-50mph through picked corn fields too.
Hold my beer... field run... and you just drive off the road.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
11:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had three delays in the start of this job.

1. Frost leaving the ground.
2. Underground service locates (took 4 weeks for the power company to show up for "call before you dig'
3. Lumber...

I wish $5000 was all. We are roughly $50 linear ft for our job including gates and such.

We have been seriously considering selling our house and 18 acres with it. We have 12 more acres across the road.....and could just build a smaller house there, and pocket the profit.

my old neighbor who is a general contractor told me today the local lumber yard has 4x8x1/2” osb at 77 dollars a sheet. He found some for mid 30s a sheet so asked to use my trailer to get a couple bunks for a job he has to do. Not sure how much worse things will get but I’m glad I am not trying to build a house right now.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I should hope so.
One of the best cars I ever bought was an 80 Toyota Celica that had been sitting under a pine tree for a couple years. $50 for the car, a used junkyard battery, a couple used tires and I thrashed the hell out of it for almost a year driving back and forth to tech school.
It rode real nice at 40-50mph through picked corn fields too.
I had a 78 Celica GT.
Turd brown.
Cousin had it. Stored it for years while she was away in the Army.
Smelled like mouse piss.
Also fun on power line right of ways.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Well it isn't a good sign when the contractor only gets as far as removing the old fence and his Dingo dropped the starter. So much for digging holes and getting posts set today I guess.

@Woodpecker Any tips I should pass on?
He should buy a new starter:nusenuse: