Not So Pro 3

41FanForLife

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let me guess. The same tree hugging EV driving folks who would've complained about a steel mill now happily boast about living in a flash apartment at that location?
They put 2 new buildings inside the old framework of the LTV site there. Still have big old cranes at one end of the building. I will have to dig up a few pics from when i worked there. One thing i saw and couldn't sneak out was a old piece of railroad track that had Carnegie Steel stamped in it.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
3:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Y'all will have to excuse my obsession with things industrial.
The refinery in the background is where I earn a living, but that like most things us fullas consider essential it is under threat due to the unpopularity of industry in the so called developed world.
IMG_20210419_105120.jpg
I took extra special interest in @sawmikaze s work dilemma because I'm surely facing one myself soon. That refinery will become nothing more than a shipping terminal.
Pisses me off because we are all conservation minded. Why else would we restore old saws and equipment?
My personal feeling is the green movement is driven by rich folks who are salty they missed on the oil bucks more so than any love for the planet. Your opinion may vary and you are entitled to it.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They put 2 new buildings inside the old framework of the LTV site there. Still have big old cranes at one end of the building. I will have to dig up a few pics from when i worked there. One thing i saw and couldn't sneak out was a old piece of railroad track that had Carnegie Steel stamped in it.

I'd love to see those pictures.

41FanForLife

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@41FanForLife did you notice on the old door in my first set of pictures someone painted a yellow line on that door to mark how high the water got in the flood of 96'

I did notice that. Rycon's old shop in Carnegie had a line marked from the 2004 flood. Crazy to think about that much water throughout the whole town.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did notice that. Rycon's old shop in Carnegie had a line marked from the 2004 flood. Crazy to think about that much water throughout the whole town.

I'm trying to really soak that in. That mark on that door had to be 25 ft off the water...if not more..