Not So Pro 3

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
4:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Whole hog is a thing in this state down east. The pig pickings of the old days here was more about alcohol than quality BBQ (for the most part). The old timers I did all night cooks with were sold that pork shoulders could only produce the quality meat they desired. (Not exactly sure why, that's just what they always said). I've cooked plenty of butts for BBQ and thus far the diners have been happy. Send pics when you cook your next whole hog. :D

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whole hog is a thing in this state down east. The pig pickings of the old days here was more about alcohol than quality BBQ (for the most part). The old timers I did all night cooks with were sold that pork shoulders could only produce the quality meat they desired. (Not exactly sure why, that's just what they always said). I've cooked plenty of butts for BBQ and thus far the diners have been happy. Send pics when you cook your next whole hog. :D
No pig picks here. A suckling could fit on the WSM mayhaps but all I do is parts.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No pig picks here. A suckling could fit on the WSM mayhaps but all I do is parts.
https://wholehogbarbecue.com/history/whole-hog/

As a caveat, most Lexington style places north of here soak their finished meat in sauce (mostly vinegar pepper sauce here). I never soak the meat I cook in sauce. Sauce is always optional with the pork I cook. Some in NC/SC use a mustard based sauce. Some call it Carolina Gold.

Here is another interesting link.

Shoveling coals all night is how I started out. It's a great experience.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
3:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening smellers, just came in from blowing snow. Tried to get as much done as I could as the temperature is already dropping like a rock, gonna be a blister maker for over a week or so, might have to move in with Randy. @Mastermind I'll fix saws for three hots and a cot. Lol

Ol Boss might let you sleep in his dog house.

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
thanks bud,
i felt it when i should find a good spot for the sleep, didnt understand a damn thing in the start, thought it was a mini earthquake, until I umderstood it was hearthbeathimg. Stood up, went down and chk bldpreasure, and have continued to monitor it.
Otherwise I feel great, have to pee alot at the moment.
Right now I’m down to 148/88, my pulse has been between 50-60, gettimg good to relax and not stress.
Normally bld preasure is 110/70, sometime if I get dizzy its 90/60.
Yikes! I hope you get it under control!

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Kevin and Juan, and everyone else too.

Yeah it's been a right debacle ain't it!

Wrong date loaded originally and then the international date line on top.....:beer-toast1:
Whenever it is or was your still a old bastard lol
The only difference between yours and a 1 ton is the spring packs and the brackets for the upper springs. Holes are in the frame for the brackets.
It will only ride on the uppers once you get a load on it. If I get a 1 ton in today or next time I'm at my dad's I'll get you some pics.
would the older ones be the same

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
The only difference between yours and a 1 ton is the spring packs and the brackets for the upper springs. Holes are in the frame for the brackets.
It will only ride on the uppers once you get a load on it. If I get a 1 ton in today or next time I'm at my dad's I'll get you some pics.
Thanks Ed it's nice to have my suspicions confirmed. I appreciate it.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning Goobers, -1F and 10-1/2" of snow by the time it finally quit this morning. Stove is stoked and set to rock and roll. :)

No sleep, fast heart rate, no pain, blood pressure evenly from 150/90 to 175/123. Going to the doctor in a few hours.
Actually I feel quite well other then the rapid beathimg.

GWS Tor!

Ol Boss might let you sleep in his dog house.

Probably not big enough for Gunther, he takes up a whole queen size bed.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dont fall in the crick today.....
emoji1787.png

I thought you said crack at first. Lol