Harleydaze64

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:(
oh wait...we didn't see yer from OHIO...nobody likes anybody from OH...sorry for the misunderstanding....and welcome to the forum too... :)

J/K
I don't blame ya, I don't like me either...

Harleydaze64

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
well done sir.... I see you've been practicing....Keep up the good work....

Now...the tough questions need asking...

Would you rather chase screws on a Husky or run a Stihl all day long without ever having a service issue ? :)
Well I have only been around Stihl saws. I have an 015 that Dad bought new in 76..checked the compression on it yesterday and its at 130 lbs STIHL...I have an 028 WB that fires right up..and I'm in the middle of getting a 361 which I will send off to MM for his special touches.
My cousin in WV who has logged for many years only runs Stihl.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
well done sir.... I see you've been practicing....Keep up the good work....

Now...the tough questions need asking...

Would you rather chase screws on a Husky or run a Stihl all day long without ever having a service issue ? :)
So this exercise is purely hypothetical?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I have only been around Stihl saws. I have an 015 that Dad bought new in 76..checked the compression on it yesterday and its at 130 lbs STIHL...I have an 028 WB that fires right up..and I'm in the middle of getting a 361 which I will send off to MM for his special touches.
where in wv?

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We can be friends....that whole "ohio" thing I said.
Well i needed a nap. I'm better now. Old guys do that stuff alot

Harleydaze64

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We can be friends....that whole "ohio" thing I said.
Well i needed a nap. I'm better now. Old guys do that stuff alot
I'm bout to take my old a$$ to bed myself..4am comes too quick

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
11:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Sincere question (no offense meant)....Is this forum primarily geared toward professionals, or are newbies welcome too? I'm very new at this, but I'm very interested. I want to learn and post and get feedback, but the chainsaw section gives the impression of a "pro's" only? Not rude, just not the place for beginner stuff. If that's so, I'm cool with it, I just need to know. And is there any chance of setting up a beginner's area for people like me? Thanks for any feedback on this topic....

There aren't dumb questions, just dumb people who DON'T ask questions. There WILL be good-natured ribbing going on, as that's largely the M.O. but, don't confuse a bit of sarcasm and or ribbing with rudeness or condescension. I have learned much from this and other sites, ate some good pie, slowly cut cookies, and made many good acquaintances in multiple states. Don't let a fear of sounding parochial keep you asking a question, as asking the question is the first step toward learning.