Trader history (0)

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im no longer funding that hobby. Told her that it has to stand on it's own going forward. She wants something or needs something for them, she has to sell chins to buy it. Unless it is an emergency, like her AC blows and she needs an immediate replacement. Id have to step in bc I can't risk loosing a $25k herd to heat stroke. They die and I'll never see return on what I have invested monetarily. She has sold about 30 this year, which I guess is good for her first year. Her mentor in Ohio had over 300 babies born and sold this year, so by that standard Kari is still only considered a hobby breeder although she is a recognized MCBA Breeder. I don't understand her love for her Chins, but she is very passionate about them. No one can justify hobbies, it's just something that we enjoy. There's no justification for CAD, there's no justification for those that collect books, or knives, or guns, or anything else for that matter. We do it bc we want to, not bc we need to. And you can't fault a person for having a hobby. We have a set amount of days, a set amount of hours on the earth, baring unforeseen occurrences, and we have a right to enjoy it.

My reason for selling these bars, is that I have twice as many bars as saws now, and a lot of sizes I have in various mounts. No need. I have 7 Stihl mounts and only 1 Stihl saw. Don't need to use them on the Husqs or Jonsereds bc I have bars on all those saws, and additional ones in k095 and d009 hanging on the wall. It has nothing to do with Chins.

Last edited:

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
3:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Im no longer funding that hobby. Told her that it has to stand on it's own going forward. She wants something or needs something for them, she has to sell chins to buy it. Unless it is an emergency, like her AC blows and she needs an immediate replacement. Id have to step in bc I can't risk loosing a $25k herd to heat stroke. They die and I'll never see return on what I have invested monetarily. She has sold about 30 the year, which I guess is good for her first year. Her mentor in Ohio had over 300 babies born and sold this year, so by that standard Kari is still only considered a hobby breeder although she is a recognized MCBA Breeder. I don't understand her love for her Chins, but she is very passionate about them. No one can justify hobbies, it's just something that we enjoy. There's no justification for CAD, there's no justification for those that collect books, or knives, or guns, or anything else for that matter. We do it bc we want to, not bc we need to. And you can't fault a person for having a hobby. We have a set amount of days, a set amount of hours on the earth, baring unforeseen occurrences, and we have a right to enjoy it.

My reason for selling these bars, is that I have twice as many bars as saws now, and a lot of sizes I have in various mounts. No need. I have 7 Stihl mounts and only 1 Stihl saw. Don't need to use them on the Husqs or Jonsereds bc I have bars on all those saws, and additional ones in k095 and d009 hanging on the wall. It has nothing to do with Chins.
Steven,

I never thought it had anything to do with Chinchillas.....shoot, $75 probably wouldn't feed 'em for a week.

I was just making a funny, it's my hobby.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steven,

I never thought it had anything to do with Chinchillas.....shoot, $75 probably wouldn't feed 'em for a week.

I was just making a funny, it's my hobby.

I know that Jonathan. I was just explaining. For several years, I invested a ton of money and time into saws. I had duplicates and my duplicates had duplicates. Ive stuck with one builder @Mastermind (who is more of a brother to me than anything) and owned everything that's sparked my interest. I know for a fact Ive had 45 saws ported, but I think it may be closer to 50. And I did it in a short period of time-4 yrs. And have just kinda gotten burned out on saws now. Ive also ran out of stuff to cut. Kari won't let me bring any more wood home, bc Im easily 5 to 8 years ahead on what I have split (if I burned every day for 6 months out of the year- which I don't). So far this winter, Ive only gotten to burn about 4 wheelbarrows full of wood bc it's so mild. So having a bunch of saws sitting seems silly to me. I went to Randy and discussed my game plan, on what saws to sell etc, and why, and he agreed with me. Now I just have to execute the game plan. I'm wanting to free up some funds for another hobby.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know that Jonathan. I was just explaining. For several years, I invested a ton of money and time into saws. I had duplicates and my duplicates had duplicates. Ive stuck with one builder @Mastermind (who is more of a brother to me than anything) and owned everything that's sparked my interest. I know for a fact Ive had 45 saws ported, but I think it may be closer to 50. And I did it in a short period of time-4 yrs. And have just kinda gotten burned out on saws now. Ive also ran out of stuff to cut. Kari won't let me bring any more wood home, bc Im easily 5 to 8 years ahead on what I have split (if I burned every day for 6 months out of the year- which I don't). So far this winter, Ive only gotten to burn about 4 wheelbarrows full of wood bc it's so mild. So having a bunch of saws sitting seems silly to me. I went to Randy and discussed my game plan, on what saws to sell etc, and why, and he agreed with me. Now I just have to execute the game plan. I'm wanting to free up some funds for another hobby.

Just because you move onto other interests ain't no reason to stop coming by for a visit.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Or showing up at Randy's when I'm in town.
Yeah, so had you let me in on the secret..... Id have made an effort. And had I done so, everyone would have gotten sick from me. I had a nasty stomach virus. Our entire family has been passing it around to each other like a pin ball machine. All 3 kids have had it. My little Maddi-Cat (Madalyn) hasn't gone to school at all this week. She and Kari both have it right now.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
3:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah, so had you let me in on the secret..... Id have made an effort. And had I done so, everyone would have gotten sick from me. I had a nasty stomach virus. Our entire family has been passing it around to each other like a pin ball machine. All 3 kids have had it. My little Maddi-Cat (Madalyn) hasn't gone to school at all this week. She and Kari both have it right now.

I had to fly home by way of Dirty-troit, on a totally packed plane, into a headwind, so I don't think a stomach virus could have made it much worse...