New to me truck, big issue

dave53223

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Find the most ruthless lawyer you have ever heard of. Sometimes just mentioning the name of that POS lawyer, or a phone call from the lawyer to the dealer, can force the hand of the criminals you are dealing with. Lawyers can get very expensive for rich defendants like your dealer.
I like this idea very much.

dave53223

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It didn't go well. Talked to the owner, his offer was that if I came up with $2500 I could get a new box. I was told it's my truck so it's my problem, that if I wanted a flawless truck I should have bought a new one (which I said fine buy this one back and I'll sign for one today), that he sold it and I bought it in good faith(wtf does that mean?)and it's not his fault. His last offer was he'd swap the box if I buy a new one. What's that $500 max on his end? Told him I'd wipe my @$$ with his $500.
It might be your truck but it had rust when it was his truck. A dealer does not need bad press and should stand behind his inventory.Find everything you can use to go after him and do it.

Big1066ih

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What does the history look like on this truck? If you didn't get one, might be a clue. I may still have some credits left to run a report, send me the VIN.
No I never saw one, saleswoman claims she showed but thats a big nope. I emailed Carfax about there buyback program but it doesn't qualify but in there return email today it said there is a accident report, wtf

2000ssm6

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have worked for a few dealers, as a tech, ASE Master Certified now and hope to never work in a dealership again. Car salesman for the most part are scum, very few will tell you the honest truth.

I was in the market for a another Civic a few weeks back and bought an Autocheck pkg to check them, while these types of reports are not always 100%, they do give you an idea of what the vehicle has been through. I got more checks left, just need the VIN..

Big1066ih

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have worked for a few dealers, as a tech, ASE Master Certified now and hope to never work in a dealership again. Car salesman for the most part are scum, very few will tell you the honest truth.

I was in the market for a another Civic a few weeks back and bought an Autocheck pkg to check them, while these types of reports are not always 100%, they do give you an idea of what the vehicle has been through. I got more checks left, just need the VIN..
Thanks I'll pm it to ya asap, I'm at work now n it sounds like a monsoon outside

2000ssm6

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds good, send your email too in case I can forward it.

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not sure what the laws are like where your at but in Ohio when you buy a used vehicle you are given what's called a "buyer's guide" that is a brief but fairly comprehensive list of mechanical/electrical/body systems. It has a place you sign at the bottom stating you were given the opportunity to look it over and check it out or take it to your mechanic to be checked out. Opposite side of that guide has the warranty statement, which is filled out by the dealer stating what systems, if any, are covered and for what length of time, mileage/timeframe.

If you sign that guide you are forfeiting any recourse against the dealership. The state also makes sure you sign that guide by making it law that a dealership provide it and post it in every car on the lot or face a huge fine plus possible loss of their dealer license for multiple offenses while also requiring them to keep a signed copy of it with every sale.

Short version of this is that in Ohio if that guide doesn't state rust warranty then any repair they do would fall under the category of "good will repairs" which if done you will also have to sign a paper on acknowledging that the repair was done in good faith with no implied warranty beyond that specific repair.

6 years as a mechanic at a dealer and then the last 6 years spent working on a couple different dealers cars as fill in work for my shop I am willing to put money down on this dealer probably had no clue about the rust. 63k miles and it doesn't look like it was used as a work truck so at most they gave it a quick bath, shined up the interior, took it for a 1/4 mile test drive to be sure there were no major mechanical issues and they thru it on the lot. A truck like that was already detailed at the auction before your dealer bought it so in fact their shining it up probably just involved getting the dirt and grime off of it from the trip home from the auction.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Karma will take care of that guy.its worse and worse anymore all people care about anymore is money.what ever happenened to people trying to make things right in any buisness you win some and loose some.i wouldnt be able to sleep at night.even if he didnt know a 50 50 split is showing that hed have some kind of heart

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man. Sorry to hear that. Going to get a lawyer involved?

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hate to tell ya young man, but you'll be eye-balling a bed outta your own pocket on this one! Your John Hancock is on the paperwork...I know it sux, but it's the way it is!

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Id be putting an add in local paper and anywhere else to warn people about how crappy that dealer ship is.
Heck make a picket board up and go parade in front of the place.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A friend had the box sides replaced on his super duty. After a few years the sides where separating and cracking at the box front. I guess to save time when they replace the sides the body shop doesn't take the bed off the frame. So the front doesn't get welded into the box very well and starts to crack at the top. So your best bet is to get a take off bed. Take offs can be found really cheap, especially in rancher states like CO, WY, and MT where they take them off of new trucks and put on flatbeds before the truck even hits the lot.