High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

New pressure washer

Tjstampa

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I may be in in the market for a new pressure washer. Trying a new spark plug on the 10 year old craftsman one but it keeps getting harder to start. Plus it does not have wheels

I went by the sthil dealer and they are about 150 more than ones in the big box store. Are they worth the extra money?

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I 2nd the Honda, mine is a craftsman with a 160 Honda. Not sure on the stihl unit.

Likesaws

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I second the valve clearance check and make sure carb is clean.
Mine is not used much carb clean made it run like new again.n

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you decide to buy a new washer, stay away from any that say "never change oil, just add".

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It reminds me of the ridiculously long oil change intervals automakers are pushing. Never understood why anyone would drop over 30 grand on a new vehicle and try to save 20 bucks by leaving the oil unchanged. An oil change is dirt cheap even if you have somebody else do it. Every shop I ever worked at took a loss on oil changes just to get cars on the rack for upsells.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think some times a pressure washer is like generator in the fact often they don't get used much .Danged gas will get funky .Fact it was last fall I had generator problems because of this and I literally had to rod out the gas line in addition to disassembling the carb and changing the filter My pressure washer will act up the first time I use it in the spring and I think the funky gas is the cause of it .Clogs up the carb jets I think causing the governor to "hunt " . A Briggs "pulsa jet " carb seems some what fickle compared to others IMO . Just an observation .
As far as being ten years old has nothing to do with how it starts .I've got 50-60 year old stuff that will light off as good as they did brand new .Saying that I have of late taken to giving the gas a little shot of Stabil if they are going to sit any amount of time .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now then Honda engines .Firstly they make a danged good dependable product however they can have their moments also .When we built the Honda engine plant in Anna Ohio we had to provide our own source of temporary power and used several Honda generators as we had a crew of up to 100 electricians on the job .Several times over the course of over a 2 year period we had to delve into them and it was always fuel delivery problems .Simple enough to fix but did happen .

BlacknTan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bought a BE with a 200 Honda engine a few years back, with a Comet pump. Works well..

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This.

They just stick a logo on them

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sell the Stihl pressure washers, I would get either a BR600 or BR800 if going that route. I have a smaller Simpson with a Honda engine that has done well along with a Campbell Hausfeld with a 13.5 hp engine on it that will blow the siding off of your house.