New piece of kit

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
12:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I picked up this Ventrac 4500P from a neighbor whose wife made him move back to the city. I hated to lose him as a neighbor but this eased the pain.
It came with the brush cutter, mower, rear 3pt and eight wheel kit. It has the water cooled twin cylinder Kawasaki with 870hrs.
I looked at new ones for a few years but couldn’t bring myself to write a check for $35k-$40k.
I got this for $15k.
I’ve been cutting the lawn around my house with a weed eater for 20+ years. It’s rough hilly terrain with a lot of rock. There are too many trees to use a brush hog on a tractor and I destroyed two mowers trying to cut it.
The Ventrac handles it with no problem. The deck floats over the rocks and being an articulated tractor it’s maneuverable enough to navigate through the trees.
I’m a happy boy!
IMG_0770.jpeg

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I picked up this Ventrac 4500P from a neighbor whose wife made him move back to the city. I hated to lose him as a neighbor but this eased the pain.
It came with the brush cutter, mower, rear 3pt and eight wheel kit. It has the water cooled twin cylinder Kawasaki with 870hrs.
I looked at new ones for a few years but couldn’t bring myself to write a check for $35k-$40k.
I got this for $15k.
I’ve been cutting the lawn around my house with a weed eater for 20+ years. It’s rough hilly terrain with a lot of rock. There are too many trees to use a brush hog on a tractor and I destroyed two mowers trying to cut it.
The Ventrac handles it with no problem. The deck floats over the rocks and being an articulated tractor it’s maneuverable enough to navigate through the trees.
I’m a happy boy!
View attachment 422610
You did good with that purchase. Will outlast you, and forever repairable.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
12:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can make money with that mowing dams and slopes. My work got a couple units to rent out last year. You already have the correct mower for the work. Neat little machines, the Ventracs.
My neighbor originally bought it to mow his pond bank. Ended up using it for a lot more.
They are a slick little machine.