Need a little help Vermeer SC252 parts, manuals, advice, etc

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey gents I’m picking up a little 2004 Vermeer SC252 tomorrow. I know there are other options, opinions, etc but this machine fits the need and current broke mans budget.

Back story feel free to skip,
All started when I purchased a little Toro SGR 13 manual machine to get rid of all the Holley trees and larger stumps in my yard (1 large oak took me over 2 hours and I have another out back). Well I have a lot of connections in the FD and before I knew it people were asking if I could help them. Well I’m too old and ugly to manually grind stumps. Had no idea how expensive a simple engine, pulley and wheel of destruction could be. I have been looking the last few months for a machine. Almost spent a fortune on a Toro STX38 near me but I decided I didn’t want a machine that put me in the red and stressed me out. I just wanted a decent small machine that didn’t kill me like my manual 13hp. So here we land.

I would like to source a repair/service manual
Engine service kit, oil filter, plug, air filters, fuel filter
Hydraulic filter, recommended fluid
Maybe a spare set of the belts

Anyone here sell this stuff? Know a good site? I’d like to support my fellow OPE brothers.

I looked and don’t see much but stuff on EBay from China. I’d like OEM or atleast OEM quality.
I noticed on the other site there is a long upgrade thread but I like it here.
Also if any of you have any spare parts from one of these you’d like to move I’m game to pay for em to get them out of your garage.

Thanks gents and stay safe, Rye.