Eddie Southgate

One Step Ahead Of The Law
Local time
8:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Southern Middle Tennessee and Hillsboro Alabama
Country flag
I bought one a short while back and loved it so much I bought another one that I just got in Monday . Monday was a good day , getting paid to set at home and play with chainsaws ! Got the MS261CM , 041av Electronic, new bar greaser and a Woodchuck all in the same post office run. I bought the second one to have woods ported and maybe bump the compression a tad , trying to get as close to 60 cc performance as I can . Never owned anything but a stock saw but I'm a lot more broke down than I used to be so I need all the cutting power I can get with reliability at as light a weight as I can get .

First one came with a 16" on it and seemed like it would not have any problem with longer so I put a 18" and RS .325 on it . The Second one came with a 20" and RM .325 , the RM got replaced with RS .

Last edited:

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Post the results of the porting, 20 inch bar and how you like it.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
9:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the Picco performance kit for mine and i never mounted it after I got my 241

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought one a short while back and loved it so much I bought another one that I just got in Monday . Monday was a good day , getting paid to set at home and play with chainsaws ! Got the MS261CM , 041av Electronic, new bar greaser and a Woodchuck all in the same post office run. I bought the second one to have woods ported and maybe bump the compression a tad , trying to get as close to 60 cc performance as I can . Never owned anything but a stock saw but I'm a lot more broke down than I used to be so I need all the cutting power I can get with reliability at as light a weight as I can get .

First one came with a 16" on it and seemed like it would not have any problem with longer so I put a 18" and RS .325 on it . The Second one came with a 20" and RM .325 , the RM got replaced with RS .
Mastermoobs did my 261 it’s a little bear of a saw.

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got a nice 2018 261c from the pawn shop. I've only run 1 tank through it cutting boxelder. It came with a crude muffler mod but haven't been in it to see if anything else was done. I will definetly keep it around.

blackjack99574

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My mastermind ported 261 runs 3/8 full comp chisel chain on 20 " bar and pulls it fine. I'm cutting softer woods but I can bury the bar all day long and it does great. I usually bring it and my ported 661 for all my firewood needs. 661 to fell the tree and take care of butt section, 261 to limb and cut everything up to 20". Seems like a good combo of lightweight speed and power when needed.