Status
Not open for further replies.

the GOAT

87, k2 40:1
Local time
9:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for your offer the GOAT. I am new to forums. What does a moderator do?
Think hall monitor from high school

From Wikipedia

The moderators (short singular form: "mod") are users (or employees) of the forum who are granted access to the posts andthreads of all members for the purpose of moderating discussion (similar to arbitration) and also keeping the forum clean (neutralizing spam and spambots etc.).[12] Moderators also answer users' concerns about the forum, general questions, as well as respond to specific complaints. Common privileges of moderators include: deleting, merging, moving, and splitting of posts and threads, locking, renaming, stickying of threads, banning, suspending, unsuspending, unbanning, warning the members, or adding, editing, removing the polls of threads.[13] "Junior Modding", "Backseat Modding", or "Forum copping" can refer negatively to the behavior of ordinary users who take a moderator-like tone in criticizing other members.

Essentially, it is the duty of the moderator to manage the day-to-day affairs of a forum or board as it applies to the stream of user contributions and interactions. The relative effectiveness of this user management directly impacts the quality of a forum in general, its appeal, and its usefulness as a community of interrelated users.

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But I still like you, Mikey.

jrsdws

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I think you mean dwarfs.....maybe

jrsdws

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Because they seem to live to be pretty old....look at the Keebler elves....or Santa's for that matter.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
9:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My goodness ................ end of January cant come fast enough ! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.