Trader history (0)

jakeshi

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Being a MMWS what has been done to it? Help me understand the draw.

Reactions: Lnk

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you run a different gas mixture?

It really depends on what oil you want to use. Personally, I use Amsoil Dominator at 40:1 in all my two stroke engines. But I don't recommend using Stihl Ultra at 40:1....use it at 50:1.

Hundred Acre Wood

Full-time Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not to turn this into another oil discussion (please start yet another oil thread if you want to do that) but I've found the people who complain about Stihl Ultra are the ones who run it richer than 50:1. It's just not designed for that.

Certainly not a scientific conclusion. Just a (possibly biased) observation.

Last edited:

jakeshi

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the input. If I get the saw just want to do what the boss would recommend. I have switched over to the Aspen 2 fuel and all my 2 stroke stuff and it really runs better I think. I also used Amsoil Dominator in the past with good results.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the input. If I get the saw just want to do what the boss would recommend. I have switched over to the Aspen 2 fuel and all my 2 stroke stuff and it really runs better I think. I also used Amsoil Dominator in the past with good results.

I had a customer call me yesterday with 562XP bogging off idle issues. Doesn't happen in the summer. I recommended that he try some premixed canned fuel. Winter blends really don't seem to work well in a high strung autotune saw.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a customer call me yesterday with 562XP bogging off idle issues. Doesn't happen in the summer. I recommended that he try some premixed canned fuel. Winter blends really don't seem to work well in a high strung autotune saw.
That is great knowledge to have.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was just something for him to try. May or may not fix the issue. But two ported 562s, both having the same problem....I bet on it being fuel related.
Eliminating a common problem being fuel quality is a good thing to keep in mind. It's often overlooked.