High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

WANTED Might be interested in another heated handle chainsaw.

Trader history (0)

brushwacker

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking ahead to winter I would like to have another 1 of them preferably in Stihl flavor, but not necessarily. 60 to 75cc preferably, but not necessarily.
Can need some repairs but I don't want it if it needs the crankcase split or an undetermined air leak unless it's just for parts cheap. Prefer to stay $300 or under but might go a little higher on something that trips my trigger. I have extra bars and chain so that probably will not be important.
I can do cash or maybe a trade or partial trade. I have 2 ms280's that run fair to very good. Just have not 100% got the last bug out of them. Both seem to have mild air leaks and probably best be pressure tested for a leak. 1 has a slow oil leak on the bottom but looks good for the most. The other looks very good and neither looks they have excess hours on them. I do have 280 and 270 parts saws and some other models that need work I could trade on a bigger or smaller scale. But again cash will work fine in my price range.

Last edited:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We friends and comrades here, not ebay☺
While I agree, no-one has sold me a heated handle saw of any kind/size for 300, and I've done a lot of favors and know a lot of great guys. Maybe you have a special circumstance that may make folks more generous :).

brushwacker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think a decent 20 year old $300 pho 036 or the like is expecting to much. I sure wouldn't pay that for a high hour one that needed much work. I made it known I am flexible. An 044 I would expect to stretch it, an 026 or older model saw of any brand likely I would want to pay less unless it was very nice without major repair issues. Then again if someone would be interested in trading it would open up the possibility of a higher $ saw.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The heated handle part is where it gets tricky for that price. Honestly any decent pro saw in decent shape is a deal at that price. But heated handles are more of a rarity and especially for a deal. I have a few. I have good money into all of them lol. I find the Stihl variant even harder to come by. Husky is the easiest, then probably Dolmar. But as stated by chipper, at least you put your expectations up front.

brushwacker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought an new in the box Husqvarna 550xpg heated handle for $540 shipped to my door in January this year on this site. I don't plan on paying $300 for an half wore out pho that needs much in expensive parts naturally, but bar, chain and usually sprocket I have for several models and older stihls I have some parts outside the heated handle parts. $300 or less is preferred and I expect to put a few $ in it besides bar and chain but I don't want a project.
To clarify, I would go higher on a bigger or nicer saw if it trips my trigger and needs little to none to cut several cords of wood next winter. Doubtful I would go much over $500 unless it was to good of a deal to pass up and likely I would want to see it in person. I 'prefer' something a bit older, that cost less and obviously legit (not stolen).
The 550xpg is fine but I would like to save wear and tear on it in when i get in adverse conditions by having a tough old goat of a saw with heated handles. It could be bigger or smaller cc.
I will probably be in the market for what i am looking for until winter. I might even want to add a couple to my arsenal eventually. No hurry to find 1. I am flexible and have time to shop .

brushwacker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good running 036's here locally are fetching 700 dollars, non running ones are going for 200 to 250. The last 036 Arctic I seen went for 6 bills and it was beat and had damaged handle heat wiring
☺ If i decide to retire I might just take all my saws out your way and sell most off and stay there.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I also bought a 550xpg when the sale was going on, good deal. But anyone can buy one. Unfortunately saws that aren’t made anymore that are nice and hard to find bring a premium. Esp the bigger you go. You might find it’s better to buy new unless you stumble across a smoking deal on something.

brushwacker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I also bought a 550xpg when the sale was going on, good deal. But anyone can buy one. Unfortunately saws that aren’t made anymore that are nice and hard to find bring a premium. Esp the bigger you go. You might find it’s better to buy new unless you stumble across a smoking deal on something.
The point is I am not insisting of that nice or rare of a saw and chainsaws with out bars and chains that are less then 100% usually sell for less accordingly. I splurged on my new 1 and want sort of a beater to use but not to beat to rotate with in freezing weather . It can be an old Jonsered 451, Pioneer - Poulan- Partner - Stihl etc. 20 to 120 cc as long as parts can be found reasonable .
If i keep looking, I will find what i am looking for. No sense trying to discourage me or point me in another direction. Been there, done that.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:beer-toast1: … if what your looking for pops up on this site or another site you better act fast because the vultures will jump all over it. That’s all I can say. Good luck with your search I hope you score one.

brushwacker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have Makita 6100. Anyone know what all it would take to convert it?
And, or an 026 or 034 ? I have an 044 need to put back together and an 036.might consider adding heat to any of them if not to great of an expense and effort.
If i snagged a small inexpensive 1 already equipped would be easiest.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have Makita 6100. Anyone know what all it would take to convert it?
And, or an 026 or 034 ? I have an 044 need to put back together and an 036.might consider adding heat to any of them if not to great of an expense and effort.
If i snagged a small inexpensive 1 already equipped would be easiest.
Top handle, rear handle insert, switch and associated wiring, flywheel, and generator.
If it was a 64-7900 I could help out with some of them.

kurtz

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Top handle, rear handle insert, switch and associated wiring, flywheel, and generator.
If it was a 64-7900 I could help out with some of them.

Which components do you have for a 7900. I’m interested in converting my dolmar. Ideally all of my saws would get heated bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Which components do you have for a 7900. I’m interested in converting my dolmar. Ideally all of my saws would get heated bars.

This is all I have, they are pretty much new. Saw was converted to a race saw so the flywheel stayed with the saw as did a few other smalls.

Attachments

• 20220110_162532.jpg
    20220110_162532.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 11

kurtz

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is all I have, they are pretty much new. Saw was converted to a race saw so the flywheel stayed with the saw as did a few other smalls.

Pm sent