Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
7:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Missing top cover / air filter / gas cap

Looks like straight gas, transfers on intake and exhaust. LOL, I hate that this thing is smoked.

Also have an SP80 carcass that's smoked too...PXL_20211221_211941313.jpg PXL_20211221_211947386.jpg PXL_20211221_211956236.jpg PXL_20211221_212001662.jpg PXL_20211221_212007298.jpg

Maybe like to trade for something vintage or cool for my shelf?
Cash welcome too

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
6:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's the allure of the sand cast for you?

I've never had one

Welp....when Glenda and I were first wed, we had very little money. And I needed a chainsaw. Just happened that one night at an auction, they sat this old sand cast saw up and asked for bids....nothing. So they threw a few tools up with it. Still no bids. Then they sat a tool box up too. I bid 10 bucks. Won it too.

The damn thing made my ears nearly bleed, but it cut firewood that winter. The next year I bought an 028, and evidently pitched the Poulan in the trash. Can't remember where it wound up.

So....when I got interested in saws all these years later, the sand cast saws became of interest to me. They made a blue million different versions. I mostly collect gear drive versions or ones with bow bars. Just an oddity.....

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
7:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welp....when Glenda and I were first wed, we had very little money. And I needed a chainsaw. Just happened that one night at an auction, they sat this old sand cast saw up and asked for bids....nothing. So they threw a few tools up with it. Still no bids. Then they sat a tool box up too. I bid 10 bucks. Won it too.

The damn thing made my ears nearly bleed, but it cut firewood that winter. The next year I bought an 028, and evidently pitched the Poulan in the trash. Can't remember where it wound up.

So....when I got interested in saws all these years later, the sand cast saws became of interest to me. They made a blue million different versions. I mostly collect gear drive versions or ones with bow bars. Just an oddity.....
Thanks for sharing about that....guess I'll have to grab one when it pops up.

Ain't it something about how a machine like that can have an impression on ya after falling into one and chucking it?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
6:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for sharing about that....guess I'll have to grab one when it pops up.

Ain't it something about how a machine like that can have an impression on ya after falling into one and chucking it?

I was at a gtg in Virginia years ago, and there was a fella there with a bunch of great running sand cast saws. The gear drive saws were unstoppable. That really helped my desire to collect them I believe.