rwillower

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Everyone wait a second !!!!!!

OK......as you were.
The thing is you can test and clean and change all the parts you want but I know that I sold a perfectly good running saw to this guy. And for some reason he can’t get it to even pop off. That saw never once gave me one bit of trouble

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The thing is you can test and clean and change all the parts you want but I know that I sold a perfectly good running saw to this guy. And for some reason he can’t get it to even pop off. That saw never once gave me one bit of trouble

I'd pay 130.00 to watch a monkey *f-word a football. So......

But seriously, we are all about helping each other out. If he needs help with that saw......we're here. It's an old saw, and stuff happens to old saws. Pointing fingers and blaming folks ain't gonna help make that old saw run again.

So......everyone needs to chill out, and lets see some pictures of that scored piston.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd pay 130.00 to watch a monkey *f-word a football. So......

But seriously, we are all about helping each other out. If he needs help with that saw......we're here. It's an old saw, and stuff happens to old saws. Pointing fingers and blaming folks ain't gonna help make that old saw run again.

So......everyone needs to chill out, and lets see some pictures of that scored piston.

How much for a duck?

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
8:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The monkey knows he’s guilty, what’s the charge...... “Duckophillia”

Willoughby

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree but there needs to be some more transparency from the buyer IMO. The buyer has another saw with low compression and a perfectly good cylinder/piston (according to him). Incorrect compression tester could explain both cases of low compression.

Also, when someone claims the saw has scoring posting a picture of the condition makes perfect sense to me. I'm not knocking the OP but he did say he doesnt have a lot of small engine/2-stroke experience. Maybe the scoring is carbon streaking?

Also, I think it's worth the OP cleaning the points and adjusting the gap if he hasnt tried it already. Who's to say the spark is strong enough? Maybe it's bad plug?
I have the correct type compression tester , it has a Schrader valve in the end that screws into the cylinder , and I knew the husky didn't run I bought it local . but the mac I assumed ran when I purchased it, and it may have, but it didn't when it got here , I guess I could post a video showing compression test but that not necessary, Im a honest man - and both saws had the same issue no start due to low compression , I proved it on the husky its fixed , a new cyl and piston and it started right away , Im no exspert on saws but im way better than most , I have been ASE Certified master technician since 1980 , but Im green yet on 2 stroke and that's why I ask the experts, as for the Mac seller Im not wanting to make anything off the deal , but I do expect a man to make it right , I know I would if was the other way around . but 130$ aint worth any hard feelings to me. where I come from a mans word is all that's needed . Id be glad to ship it back and let the seller fix it but it makes more sense for me to fix it because of shipping cost , and I have been trying to work out a fix with seller through pm and text ,I didn't bring it in open forum just responding to his post and others , I just ask for help hoping there was a saw expert that would reply , thanks for all the help much appreciated guys

Last edited:

Willoughby

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
it has a magnetic pick up on flywheel that was cleaned, along with coil , it makes a 6-7 mm spark easily , I tried a new plug at seller request also tried adding fuel to carb at seller request, I pulled the muffler and found the answer , the piston and cylinder walls are scored , its not rocket science , it has spark and fuel and low compression , I do believe the seller that it ran , it must have had borderline compression is all I can figure , but it dont start or run since I received it , look guys I dont want no hard feelings with anyone, I just wanted to exhaust all resources before contacting seller with a chance to make it right and if he dont want to that's his business , I told him to do what he feels is right , that's all, the sticky at the top of the saws for sale page made me feel comfortable about buying a saw sight unseen , every man has to do what he feels is right . thanks to all for the responses Lord bless

Willoughby

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was the seller of this good running mac 10-10. I don’t and would never sell a non running saw as a running saw. Saw ALWAYS started in 5-6 pulls, idled and revved to the moon. Here’s 1 of a couple videos I have of it running to prove it. I have a very good reputation with the guys over at the Husqvarna page on Facebook and I sell a lot of saws. First time I’ve ever had an issue. I’m glad I video my saws I’m selling. Also after cutting him a deal with shipping, the shipping estimator was way off and was another $33 more to ship it which I didn’t even ask for another dollar from him I didn’t even ask for another dollar from him since I made a deal with the guy I made a deal with him for $130 shipped to him. I know that saw was when it left my hands
Here’s the link to prove it
If I knew how Id post a video of it not starting and the compression test maybe Ill get my boys to show me how

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So do we need a good engine to put in that saw?

Electronic or points ignition?

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
3:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If I knew how Id post a video of it not starting and the compression test maybe Ill get my boys to show me how
Videos have to be loaded to a host site like youtube. Pictures can be loaded directly to the site using the upload file button. Screenshot_20190808-233342_Chrome.jpg

Willoughby

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20190809_140605.jpgboth sides intake and exhaust

Attachments

• 20190809_140333.jpg
    20190809_140333.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 26