Little weld fix

TX_Welder

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Machine and settings used ? Slick little bead on on the cooling fin. Nice work.

Michpatriot

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys! Im running a Miller Dynasty 350, I don't really save all my settings but I would say on the Cooling fin it was around 2-250 freq, cleaning probably 66,or so, EN 200, EP 100 I like splitting the amps in half most times...Helium mix adjusted to what Im seeing in the puddle..But here's the thing five guys using the same machine, comfortable with tig and skilled, would all probably have different setups. Feed speed and heat are variables that everyone approaches different, one guy can feed wire fast enough that he can cruise across thin material without even showing root on the other side, and other guy might not be able to feed wire accurately enough at those speeds, so he may find a solution another way, less heat or pulse, more argon less helium, triangle wave instead of advanced square...the settings are endless. I think somewhere I heard that taking all the frequencies and 4 different wave forms as well as cleaning and arc splitting on a Dynasty the differences are in the millions..staggering amount to loose yourself in if you get in the weeds. I've gotten in ports with my micro torch running .020 tungsten and hand shaped glass gas lenses that at times if I add up the time and prep work I wonder what I'm doing but its fun to do stuff that others scratch their heads at. Any of you guys ever mess with fish tanks filled with argon..and weld without any cup on your tig torch?..This gets you into areas that are otherwise not accessible because of gas flow pulling in contaminated atmosphere.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
7:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice work. How did you get the flange nice and flat like that?