Lil Red Barn

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
8:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Golf, LRB and VEC all the same manufacturer from India.
Several years back I bought a few. The vendor was very kind to take some back in return. The areas machined out for the connecting rod were never consistent.
At times they would be so tight the piston would not mount to the connecting rod. I moved on to other types -- mainly Meteor pistons at that time.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Several years back I bought a few. The vendor was very kind to take some back in return. The areas machined out for the connecting rod were never consistent.
At times they would be so tight the piston would not mount to the connecting rod. I moved on to other types -- mainly Meteor pistons at that time.

It's stuff like this that makes guys swear off the After Market all together. Which isn't quite fair to the(way too few) that are doing it right.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's stuff like this that makes guys swear off the After Market all together. Which isn't quite fair to the(way too few) that are doing it right.
well i refuse to do business with the sobs of lilredbarn
they sent me a piston the skirts were too long
called and told them and they said that i didnt order from them when i even had the receipt and the box
so you know what they got
screw lilredbarn and all the ones that work for them with 20 grit 8 inch dent pullers

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
well i refuse to do business with the sobs of lilredbarn
they sent me a piston the skirts were too long
called and told them and they said that i didnt order from them when i even had the receipt and the box
so you know what they got
screw lilredbarn and all the ones that work for them with 20 grit 8 inch dent pullers

Seems to be the pattern here. I'm going with "The Duke" myself, for stuff out of the norm.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a Homelite XL-925 piston kit from him. Shortened the skirt and trimmed the crown .020” and installed it in one of my Remington SL-55.
308393706aa8d7683992c20ce37b0559.jpg

They provide the only game in town to our good fortune. [emoji108]

logger450

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just messaged Lee again on the wrong piston he sent me. Not a word back. I will be getting ebay involved in this one. Crap shoot weather he sends you the right parts I guess.

Bjorn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi, I have buy many stuff from the barn With no problem. Only one time he send me wrong piston. I ordered a popup piston for 372 x-torque and he send me non x-torque piston. I send him a email and he send me the right piston and let me keep the wrong and dident want it back. So I am satisfied so far.

logger450

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hi, I have buy many stuff from the barn With no problem. Only one time he send me wrong piston. I ordered a popup piston for 372 x-torque and he send me non x-torque piston. I send him a email and he send me the right piston and let me keep the wrong and dident want it back. So I am satisfied so far.
I'm glad your the lucky one. When I first contacted him he gave me a hard time until I sent him a pic of the wrong piston and a copy of the listing I won. He said he was sorry and he would personally inspect the new piston and ship it right out. Since then I have contacted him twice and no response back. Now I have a customer waiting for his saw. Glad it worked out for you. That's the way it's supposed to be

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm glad your the lucky one. When I first contacted him he gave me a hard time until I sent him a pic of the wrong piston and a copy of the listing I won. He said he was sorry and he would personally inspect the new piston and ship it right out. Since then I have contacted him twice and no response back. Now I have a customer waiting for his saw. Glad it worked out for you. That's the way it's supposed to be
I deal with Chris "duke" and have never got a bad or wrong part
Several guy's had issue's with red barn
On other forum's so i just never bought from them.

logger450

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I deal with Chris "duke" and have never got a bad or wrong part
Several guy's had issue's with red barn
On other forum's so i just never bought from them.
I went on Dukes site but they don't sell popup pistons. I gotta get a lathe this summer so I can make my own

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty sure some of Dukes stuff is LRB. Same box. Used both have no troubles with either.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Never bought from LRB but Cris bought a saw from me years ago and I do hope to use his parts service in the future.

No worries

Last edited:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bought his aftermarket Poulan 5400 piston kit, the ring end gaps are over a mm brand new. These are thick 1.5mm rings, not the OEM thin rings, but I knew that going in.

Sent them back, but got replacements that are the same. Lee said I had a worn out cylinder, lol.

So needless to say, I’d never buy anything from them again. Pure *f-word in lack of quality control.
Why not run better rings?

Seems to me rings are more of a problem than heavy pistons, poor casings and other issues. The piston will never wear correctly with blow by at the ring or rings.

Second on my list would be the wrist pin clips. Some AM companies use decent wire some don't. This stuff would worry me more than some of the the other fixable issues.

Shortfuze82

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just messaged Lee again on the wrong piston he sent me. Not a word back. I will be getting ebay involved in this one. Crap shoot weather he sends you the right parts I guess.
Give him some time he’s still getting over a pretty bad sinus infection from a few weeks back, he will make it right trust me .