High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

HELP! Intermittent MTronic 441 run/start issues.

Paul Lloyd-Jones

Just learning
Local time
7:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an MTronic 441 that is about 9 years old, and very, very lightly used, but randomly won't run/start when it is hot. Is this definitely a coil issue? That coil is wicked expensive. How can I diagnose this? I'm afraid that if I take it to the dealer, they won't be able to reproduce the problem. Does that matter? Can they still test the ignition module to see if that's where the problem is? If not, what should I do?

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
6:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it a hot engine thing or is it a fuel level thing?
Mine had the lower fuel line split.
Check out the fuel lines, filter.
Coils can be found relatively reasonable at times on Ebay or there's guys on here who may have a good used one.

Iceboy

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Replace your solenoid. I had the same issue on my MS661.

Catbuster

Roadbuilder Extraordinaire
Local time
7:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My first 441 had the same issue. It ended up being the lower fuel line. When it was hot a crack opened up and it would draw more air than fuel, once the tank wasn’t full. 441s don’t like to be run out of or low on fuel.

Your dealer/service shop should be able to test your ignition module regardless of the M-Tronic system.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine runs perfectly after I rebuilt the engine, one of the toughest rebuilds I have ever done. The guy who wrote the service manual may have been mentally exhausted:
1695855545155.jpeg
What I like most about this saw is that it is an excellent noodle cutter and exhausts the noodles very well with very little clogging. I run it with a 25" bar. It takes a few extra pulls to start it when cold and gives little indication that it is ready to fire, but after running for awhile, it fires right up and has good power.

Gearshifter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine runs perfectly after I rebuilt the engine, one of the toughest rebuilds I have ever done. The guy who wrote the service manual may have been mentally exhausted:
View attachment 391270
What I like most about this saw is that it is an excellent noodle cutter and exhausts the noodles very well with very little clogging. I run it with a 25" bar. It takes a few extra pulls to start it when cold and gives little indication that it is ready to fire, but after running for awhile, it fires right up and has good power.
Hey i like that contraption uve built for noodling wood ! I might have to make one my self ! Have u got any more photos ?

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey i like that contraption uve built for noodling wood ! I might have to make one my self ! Have u got any more photos ?
Here's one:
1702856655963.jpeg
This ash round on top the white supports I made is about 27" dia. I still use them after 10 years if I can only remember to bring them with me. I roll the round log onto the supports for halving and quartering primarily because I cannot lift a round hardwood log this big onto my tailgate and never could. I also keep a wedge in my back pocket for dividing the halves and avoiding pinch. The really big ones I quarter and sometimes cut into sixths.