High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

I'm done with blackpowder subs for good!

Master Bud II

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ditto, Lee Reloading supplies makes an inexpensive BP Hollow base light bullet mold. I
" think " it's called the "Real" - Rifling Engraved At Loading- Bullet and it's Designed for conventional Muzzle loaders, been around since the early 80's.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have both the 250 and 300 grain Real molds for my .50's. As long as your bullets drop at full diameter they work well. If any of them are undersized fuhgeddaboutit.

Reactions: Lnk

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I should add that the T/C Maxi Bullet from a NOS mold is so far the best one I've tried. Its as accurate as anything else I've tried and I'm shocked at how easy they are to load. Lee Reals require a pretty hard smack to get started and even PRB requires some extra muscle after you fire a few shots.

Reactions: Lnk

Master Bud II

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For Most People I Recommend Buying Certified Pure Lead, or Certified 99 to 1 Lead / Tin Alloy. That 1% tin helps it Flow Without Adding Any Notable Hardness. If You Can Find Real T/C Maxi Ball & Hunter Mold's In Good Shape @ A Fair Price I Do Recommend Them. The Ball offers Deeper Penetration, And The Hunter Offers Grater Expansion.

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you are still interested in a BP substitute then American Pioneer Powder is great. I have some "Shockey's Gold and the regular APP powder (don't notice any difference) and have been using it for 20 some years. I have an inline, so no experience with it in a sidelock but my experience has been that it is very reliable and super clean shooting (and easy clean up).

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. My best friend loves that stuff, however it is no see um around here. If I have to pay hazmat, may as well get the real stuff.