If you've never tried this stuff, you ought'a

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
4:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use a number of different tools or "potions" depending on the crud I'm trying to hone in on or the environment I'll be operating in.

I didn't mean the g96 was the end all be all of potions. Just kinda liked it and thought I'd mention it to try if you ever get the chance. I like it on the action and firing pin.
I’ve never seen it before, if I do I’ll pick up a can.

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
3:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
BS what? I still like using solvent and gun oil too. Not saying CLP doesn’t work i just like a thorough cleaning occasionally and oil as well.
Forget that propellant can stuff, you can't control where it goes.
The military has used breakfree clp for years in automatic weapons & machine guns, the liquid evaporates leaving thousands of microscopic nylon balls to die the lubing.
I was just talking to my neighbor, he drove a Bradley in Iraq, his unit caught Saddam, tho he wasn't involved, he did clear Saddam's palace.
He still will use breakfree clp on his guns.
I do love the smell of Hoppes#9 and like have a bottle open cleaning guns, but it is just bore cleaner.
This picture is the stuff I use.20201223_075335.jpg

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Forget that propellant can stuff, you can't control where it goes.
The military has used breakfree clp for years in automatic weapons & machine guns, the liquid evaporates leaving thousands of microscopic nylon balls to die the lubing.
I was just talking to my neighbor, he drove a Bradley in Iraq, his unit caught Saddam, tho he wasn't involved, he did clear Saddam's palace.
He still will use breakfree clp on his guns.
I do love the smell of Hoppes#9 and like have a bottle open cleaning guns, but it is just bore cleaner.
This picture is the stuff I use.View attachment 273687
Can’t beat the smell

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I stick with CLP and Ballistol...all I can stand for free!