If you've never tried this stuff, you ought'a

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
4:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like another CLP to me, & CLP is all I ever use.
Back when I shot a lot of winter league trap at down to 15° below 0, my 1100 Rem. with regular gun oils would start to gum up in 2 rounds (50 shots), with breakfree CLP it would go 10 rounds.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
5:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought some Lucas CLP. Might be all the same stuff

N8TE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Could be fellas, I don't know

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've used about everything over the years. This is pretty good stuff.View attachment 273491
I've used that stuff. For getting a gummed up autoloadingcsgotgun running without disassembly it did a good job.
Smells like butterscotch to me.

N8TE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've used that stuff. For getting a gummed up autoloadingcsgotgun running without disassembly it did a good job.
Smells like butterscotch to me.
Haha..ya, it does have a different smell to it. It does a nice job of leaving a thin film behind that doesn't slow down in the cold

jake-e-boy

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shooters choice bore cleaner (new stuff is junk compared to old, but still better than an “oil that cleans”) and CLP.

Propellants are junk.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just use the CLP to clean out the hard to reach areas. Its doesn’t replace A good cleaning and oil.

N8TE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shooters choice bore cleaner (new stuff is junk compared to old, but still better than an “oil that cleans”) and CLP.

Propellants are junk.
I don't use it in the bore, just in the action

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hoppes #9 is what I use a lot of, and rem oil.
Probly way better stuff out there, but that’s what my dad used and how he taught me to clean guns. Never had any problems so I don’t stray too far from it.
I have a pile of different oils that I use on occasion. But stick to the basics for most of my cleanings.

N8TE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hoppes #9 is what I use a lot of, and rem oil.
Probly way better stuff out there, but that’s what my dad used and how he taught me to clean guns. Never had any problems so I don’t stray too far from it.
I have a pile of different oils that I use on occasion. But stick to the basics for most of my cleanings.
Yup, to each their own. Everyone has their own cleaning technique and recipe.

jake-e-boy

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I apologize, just watched a friend who had used a propellant based product to clean a not cheap benelli duck gun, that saw a significant amount of days, between WA, NC and Canada, rust out and destroy his action and barrel. It was definitely his lack of keeping up and choice of technique that was the issue, not the product in any way, I’ve used a lot, they all work if you stay up on it and I do have a propellant can in my kit, I just prefer other styles

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I apologize, just watched a friend who had used a propellant based product to clean a not cheap benelli duck gun, that saw a significant amount of days, between WA, NC and Canada, rust out and destroy his action and barrel. It was definitely his lack of keeping up and choice of technique that was the issue, not the product in any way, I’ve used a lot, they all work if you stay up on it and I do have a propellant can in my kit, I just prefer other styles
I have some propellant Rem oil. That I use on my trap gun. But it gets a light coat after each week. And stored properly. It’s handy, but I don’t normally use it for long term storage.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
*B-S....!
BS what? I still like using solvent and gun oil too. Not saying CLP doesn’t work i just like a thorough cleaning occasionally and oil as well.

Last edited:

N8TE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use a number of different tools or "potions" depending on the crud I'm trying to hone in on or the environment I'll be operating in.

I didn't mean the g96 was the end all be all of potions. Just kinda liked it and thought I'd mention it to try if you ever get the chance. I like it on the action and firing pin.