PAST IA spring gtg fall log gathering

Homelite410

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Saturday after Thanksgiving, Nov 24th, we will be gathering at marks (hoskvarna) to cut logs, gather wood, tell lies and eat food. Our goal is to get some big stuff bucked up for Mark, our host, and gather up enough logs to have the spring gtg.

There will be lunch provided but I am sure that nobody would be opposed to anyone adding to the meal.

Please contact hoskvarna or myself for any questions.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
9:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope to be able to make it but I'm out of town earlier in the week and can't say what my Saturday will be like.

Douglas Ostrander

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Saturday after Thanksgiving, Nov 24th, we will be gathering at marks (hoskvarna) to cut logs, gather wood, tell lies and eat food. Our goal is to get some big stuff bucked up for Mark, our host, and gather up enough logs to have the spring gtg.

There will be lunch provided but I am sure that nobody would be opposed to anyone adding to the meal.

Please contact hoskvarna or myself for any questions.
Bump. How big is the big stuff and how small do you want it to be when split? Wondering which equipment to bring. Splitters.
TM upside down, hydro, cork screw?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Homelite410

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bump. How big is the big stuff and how small do you want it to be when split? Wondering which equipment to bring. Splitters.
TM upside down, hydro, cork screw?

Mark said tm but I will let him answer, what is the cork screw? Did you get a new toy?

Douglas Ostrander

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is screw bit that I put on post hole auger. Great for breaking hard wood logs into sticks for processor.
794196e3499a1943ff9558275475fb7a.jpg

Grimmy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I wish we could make it but can't. Mom isn't doing well, and Dad's time has been used up taking care of Mom, so Dad hasn't had time to cut and split this year. So I'll probably be doing his pile of wood that weekend, depending on weather, and spending time with family, as my brother from out of state will be home. Be sure to take lots of pics and video to share!!

ramrat

Circle T Outdoor Services
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Getting close guys. What time do you guys plan on starting? I will be there some time midmorning . My dads stopping by friday and leaving Saturday morning on his way to Arizona for the winter. What do we need to bring for food?

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We will have some sandwiches (maid rite type loose hambuger), baked beans, mom will make a salad of some type and will have deserts too. Could bring something to drink or chips etc. Keep it easy....we plan to provide majority of the food. As far as time, I'd say 8 a.m. will be good. Come whenever it works for you all.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have to work Friday and Saturday. Wish I could, but I will not be able to attend.
Well Clint if the weather reports are accurate and we get rain on Friday/Friday night then we will be cancelling this shindig.
The last thing we want to do but we wont be mudding up pastures and the splitting area and dragging logs through the mud to fill up the bark with dirt.
Keep watch here and we will be giving updates on the plan as weather dictates.