High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

I visited the not so grumpy old man today :)

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He called this morning and said he was in a mood to sell all the rest of his Stihl saws.
He has offloaded four truckloads of them to me in the past and I wasn't sure what to expect.
I got a few keepers including a really clean MS660 that just needs a piston, a really dirty 051 that needs a piston and new AV buffers (likely a carb kit too) and my first large metal Stihl sign, it was the smallest of the ones he had and the most beat up but I was already smitten when he asked if I would be interested in it.
He also handed me a nice larger tail roller nose bar with nice rails and tip :)

We went through the back rooms again and this time I paid a lot more attention :)
I ogled his USGs and how he has them set up.
Tons of lawn mowers and snow blowers and other stuff that makes him money but I don't give a hoot about :)
I ended up with a lot of stuff I am likely to sell off including boxes of used parts and parts saws for all of the following models.
020AV, 009, 010, 011, 012, 015 (including a nice looking complete one with case bar and chain), lots of 041 (several ignitions), 028 including two metal crankcase and handle combos in really nice shape, a minty-esque 032 handle and air filter cover combo, a couple of mostly complete 024 with nice cases and cranks (need bearings), cylinders with light transfer , mufflers, tank handles, carbs, plastics, etc, no air filters and only one recoil though.
an MS180C that might just need a piston - Claimed
a trio of 029 Super, MS290 parts saws that are pretty complete and wouldn't take much to be a trio of runners I am guessing.
a mostly complete 025
14 bin boxes of NOS Stihl chainsaw parts labeled in envelopes, only really large part I saw was a new old stock 032 clutch cover for the chain brake model, part prefixes from 1106 to 1124 :)

He also had a sweet Japanese kioritz echo with the original Japanese decals, a burly nice 925XL with 31" bar and chain and a really clean original Poulan 361.

I wont mention the rooms full of husky parts saws, he finally opened up today and told me they were his favorite :)

I really don't intend to keep anything except the sign, 051 and MS660.
So if you are looking for something from the models I mentioned speak up, I don't like to have this stuff around for long. The mostly complete saws I would like to sell that way (029, ms290, 024, 015) everything else just let me know what you need and be patient while I get back to you.

I don't suppose anyone wants any pictures right?
Dave

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dave I have a friend that loves his 020. By chance have a picco drum and oiler setup or extra 1/4" stuff for him to stock pile parts.

Milkman31

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Where Is the money when someone has a xl925? One day the stars will line up and I'll end up with one! Would love to see some pix of it anyways!

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dave: I have a pair of buffers #1111 790 9900 that l bought by mistake. (Close for an 048 but no cigar)
LMK if you need 'em.

Tag says 050, 051, 075 & 076

Last edited:

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
12:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
He called this morning and said he was in a mood to sell all the rest of his Stihl saws.
He has offloaded four truckloads of them to me in the past and I wasn't sure what to expect.
I got a few keepers including a really clean MS660 that just needs a piston, a really dirty 051 that needs a piston and new AV buffers (likely a carb kit too) and my first large metal Stihl sign, it was the smallest of the ones he had and the most beat up but I was already smitten when he asked if I would be interested in it.
He also handed me a nice larger tail roller nose bar with nice rails and tip :)

We went through the back rooms again and this time I paid a lot more attention :)
I ogled his USGs and how he has them set up.
Tons of lawn mowers and snow blowers and other stuff that makes him money but I don't give a hoot about :)
I ended up with a lot of stuff I am likely to sell off including boxes of used parts and parts saws for all of the following models.
020AV, 009, 010, 011, 012, 015 (including a nice looking complete one with case bar and chain), lots of 041 (several ignitions), 028 including two metal crankcase and handle combos in really nice shape, a minty-esque 032 handle and air filter cover combo, a couple of mostly complete 024 with nice cases and cranks (need bearings), cylinders with light transfer , mufflers, tank handles, carbs, plastics, etc, no air filters and only one recoil though.
an MS180C that might just need a piston - Claimed
a trio of 029 Super, MS290 parts saws that are pretty complete and wouldn't take much to be a trio of runners I am guessing.
a mostly complete 025
14 bin boxes of NOS Stihl chainsaw parts labeled in envelopes, only really large part I saw was a new old stock 032 clutch cover for the chain brake model, part prefixes from 1106 to 1124 :)

He also had a sweet Japanese kioritz echo with the original Japanese decals, a burly nice 925XL with 31" bar and chain and a really clean original Poulan 361.

I wont mention the rooms full of husky parts saws, he finally opened up today and told me they were his favorite :)

I really don't intend to keep anything except the sign, 051 and MS660.
So if you are looking for something from the models I mentioned speak up, I don't like to have this stuff around for long. The mostly complete saws I would like to sell that way (029, ms290, 024, 015) everything else just let me know what you need and be patient while I get back to you.

I don't suppose anyone wants any pictures right?
Dave

Awesome score, Dave.

I have been thinking about building a saw for one of my boys. How complete is the 029 Super, and what would you need for it?

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It appears I have a new old stock poulan chain tensioner assembly and a nos solo oil cap as well in the parts bins :)

IMG_2631.JPG IMG_2634.JPG

one or two of you worthless mofos need to get in here and clean this shop, the floor is filthy :)

Attachments

• IMG_2595.JPG
    IMG_2595.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2596.JPG
    IMG_2596.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 24