Husqvarna Tough Light Bar

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Makes me feel better about the spendy 32'' Duralite I just ordered.
You seem knowledgeable on this topic. Do you know if Cannon is buying Oregon blanks to make their bars from?
They share the single rivet Oregon tips.....
Not sure exactly but don't think so, I believe they have always had similar pattern changeable noses. Canada have a sound history of producing high quality pro saw bars. I just bought a few Canada made Windsor Speed tips also marketed buy Carlton but you want the Canada made ones preferably over the US ones. They can be had cheap and they hold up really well. Easily as good as a solid RSN Stihl bar. With the price Cannon is charging for there new reduced weight bars I can't imagine they would be using Oregon blanks, the Oregon's were ok better the blue one at 28", the red 32" got a bit flimsy. At least they were actually LIGHT. To respond to OOwyk... always been a little secret to run the long Stihl laminate bars due to their quality and light weight. I really like their light weight laminates too. Makes a huge difference on top handles, polesaws and little rear handled top handles. I have them in 10"/12"/14'. They keep saws like my rear handled MS150 & MS201 super lightweight. The cost of the new Cannon light weight bars are over $300 here locally....I just can't justify that sort of money for a bar when I have 20ish saws to maintain. Only Cannons I have is a 25" Fatbelly hotsaw race bar and some old Woodland Pro bars from the old days when Bailey's sold them as their in house generic brand bars at like half the price Cannon did. They were good buys, the metal, heat treatment on the rails and tolerance of Cannon have always been up there with THE best.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure exactly but don't think so, I believe they have always had similar pattern changeable noses. Canada have a sound history of producing high quality pro saw bars. I just bought a few Canada made Windsor Speed tips also marketed buy Carlton but you want the Canada made ones preferably over the US ones. They can be had cheap and they hold up really well. Easily as good as a solid RSN Stihl bar. With the price Cannon is charging for there new reduced weight bars I can't imagine they would be using Oregon blanks, the Oregon's were ok better the blue one at 28", the red 32" got a bit flimsy. At least they were actually LIGHT. To respond to OOwyk... always been a little secret to run the long Stihl laminate bars due to their quality and light weight. I really like their light weight laminates too. Makes a huge difference on top handles, polesaws and little rear handled top handles. I have them in 10"/12"/14'. They keep saws like my rear handled MS150 & MS201 super lightweight. The cost of the new Cannon light weight bars are over $300 here locally....I just can't justify that sort of money for a bar when I have 20ish saws to maintain. Only Cannons I have is a 25" Fatbelly hotsaw race bar and some old Woodland Pro bars from the old days when Bailey's sold them as their in house generic brand bars at like half the price Cannon did. They were good buys, the metal, heat treatment on the rails and tolerance of Cannon have always been up there with THE best.
I’m going to say I like the Canon and bars a lot they seem to be well-made. I have a 2832 and a 36.
They seem to oil well

Last edited: