High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 565xp modification question.... what carb?

dangerousatom

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im geting a used 565 for a great price and my plan is to port, smooth out the piston, and muffler mod. My question is will the OE carb or a 572xp carb be better. I know the two saws are very similar, but the stroke is a tad longer on the 572 and the auto carb high RPM setting is a little taller.

Are the flywheels same/same or is the timing advanced or retarded on the 572?

This maybe something nobody has tried

Motorka

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same carb? different autotune ?, same stroke. Get ipl...

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
2:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im geting a used 565 for a great price and my plan is to port, smooth out the piston, and muffler mod. My question is will the OE carb or a 572xp carb be better. I know the two saws are very similar, but the stroke is a tad longer on the 572 and the auto carb high RPM setting is a little taller.

Are the flywheels same/same or is the timing advanced or retarded on the 572?

This maybe something nobody has tried
One of the big differences between the 565 & the 572 is that the 572 has crank stuffers and the 565 does not. As already mentioned, the stoke is the same between the 565 & 572. Also, forget about any kind of carb swap. What do you mean by "smooth out the piston"?

dangerousatom

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do you mean by "smooth out the piston"?
Just smoothing out the casting in the mixing/flow passages. Nothing to lighten it or crazy piston polishing stuff. If the piston looks clean in terms of casting and sharp inner edges I may not touch it at all.

Ya i had watched those vids a few days ago n though there was mention of a longer stroke on the 572, so I was thinking the timing may be a degree or so different.

Since they are both 70cc I had a feeling the carb would be the same but the fuel map would different