Husqvarna 435 Intake Leak

Huskyvarnya Saws

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Husky 435 that is on the verge of driving me nuts. First it was a transfer cover leak, so I disassembled the saw and fixed that. Then I found a leak between the carb and intake that was causing some erratic running. So I ordered a new inlet pipe and insulation wall assembly thinking that would surely do the trick. Well today I installed those and nothing changed. The saw still dies almost instantly when I spray carb leaner around where the carb and inlet pipe connect. Has anyone else encountered this issue before?

P.S. The 3 carb screws are good and tight just in case anyone is wondering lol

Attachments

• Husky 435 Intake.jpg
    Husky 435 Intake.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 16

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would try a coat of Permatex no. 2 sealant at every place where those parts join together. Sometimes they just need a little help!

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You know this is a fairly common problem with husky’s, I’ve always found that certain carbs have loose throttle shafts cause when you spray them directly the saw will die.
And there is no fix!!! So that’s why you’r probably pulling your hair out.
Thing is the saw runs good, but will fail the carb cleaner spray test every time when directed at the boot/carb. I went as far to make cork gaskets between the carb and boot thinking that seal was bad. But in the end it was the throttle shaft.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, will remember that!
Spray the shaft directly with the red straw attached to confirm of course.
There is a thread about crappy tuning carbs in which the throttle shaft is mentioned as being loose being a problem. Making sure the butterfly is actually centred properly can help it seal properly. Other than that people have mentioned a new carb…

300DMMAG

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Please let us know. I have one and have not experienced anything problems.