High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Husqvarna 372xp OE carburetor questions.

StihlEchoingHusky

Well-Known OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
12:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Husqvarna 372 OE with oem hd12 carburetor. Does anyone know if the mounting bolt inserts are a must have. And is it possible to use something else in it's place?

I understand that without the inserts the carburetor will rest in the bolts which would lower it. Does that prevent a proper seal?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The sleeves hold everything in line and in place and provide for some anti-vibration support for the mounting bolts, which are 4mm. I wouldn't run the saw without them. I think there may be other materials that can be used as long as the material will hold up to the vibration.

Woodwackr

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Husqvarna 372 OE with oem hd12 carburetor. Does anyone know if the mounting bolt inserts are a must have. And is it possible to use something else in it's place?

I understand that without the inserts the carburetor will rest in the bolts which would lower it. Does that prevent a proper seal?
Yes, get them from HL above.

StihlEchoingHusky

Well-Known OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The sleeves hold everything in line and in place and provide for some anti-vibration support for the mounting bolts, which are 4mm. I wouldn't run the saw without them. I think there may be other materials that can be used as long as the material will hold up to the vibration.
Idk if maybe the ones that came with my hd12 are just bad quality or what. but they sure do make pulling the bolt out on the recessed part of the air filter holder a little bit of a pain sometimes. The carburetor is the OEM one from hlsupply. I know I'm complaining about something that is easy in comparison to other things. I was just curious if there's a better material. I've discovered a ball end Allen wrench works best for getting that bolt out though.
Thanks for the information