Husqvarna 371xp

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
5:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can I fit a OE Hi top cover/s on a X-torque lower end?
With an angle grinder, anything's possible! If you're referring to the filter cover yes, they do swap out. If you're talking about the top covers, they also swap out. All you need to do is swap in an oe p/c as well!

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With an angle grinder, anything's possible! If you're referring to the filter cover yes, they do swap out. If you're talking about the top covers, they also swap out. All you need to do is swap in an oe p/c as well!

Yes with an OE P&C swaparoo.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of the intake boots on the 365 are bolt-on versus clamp on, so those aren't interchangeable.

Other differences between 371 and 372:
Carburetor - HD-6 for 371, HD-12 for 372
Upgraded clutch for 372
Upgraded oil pump for later 372s w/different worm drive
The HD vibration mounts were upgraded for later 372s
They changed the fuel tank vents on the later 372s but the early 365/371 vent is still the best in my experience
For the XPG saws, they changed the type of heating element for the carburetor between 371/372 and 385/390

Many different ignitions, some limited at different RPM ranges.
Thanks Amigo, good stuff.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of the intake boots on the 365 are bolt-on versus clamp on, so those aren't interchangeable.

Other differences between 371 and 372:
Carburetor - HD-6 for 371, HD-12 for 372
Upgraded clutch for 372
Upgraded oil pump for later 372s w/different worm drive
The HD vibration mounts were upgraded for later 372s
They changed the fuel tank vents on the later 372s but the early 365/371 vent is still the best in my experience
For the XPG saws, they changed the type of heating element for the carburetor between 371/372 and 385/390

Many different ignitions, some limited at different RPM ranges.
You are stating differences, but you could still interchange those parts to make a running saw. All one would needs to do is replace cylinder to change carb fitment. Better, interchange a 372 or 371 p/c onto that 365 case for an upgrade. HD mounts will work on all those saws just as softer AV mounts work, fuel tanks will work no matter of vent type. Those heating elements can also be used. Does not matter about limited coil, just grab one from a 357 or similar for unlimited. You are talking about updates, not interchangeability.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can, the bar. For some dumb reason the 362 is small mount k095 or whatever instead of the large mount on the others. Carbs different too, 371 is hd6, 372 is hd12, and i think there might be an 12 and 12b of those, can't remember. Then the 371 is unlimited ignition only, 372 is unlimited until the blue coils come out. There is three top cover/brake flag versions including the x-torque which is very different from the first two which are only different in length.

Oh yea, 371 large dogs are different from 372 large dogs. In shape not in fitment.

371 has orange filter cover clips, 372's are grey. The choke lever is gray on all OE 371/2's, the x-torq is blue........ Did I miss something?

Not all 362's are small mount. So which of those parts you listed are not interchangeable? Those choke levers will still work, x-torq just sticks out farther.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are stating differences, but you could still interchange those parts to make a running saw. All one would needs to do is replace cylinder to change carb fitment. Better, interchange a 372 or 371 p/c onto that 365 case for an upgrade. HD mounts will work on all those saws just as softer AV mounts work, fuel tanks will work no matter of vent type. Those heating elements can also be used. Does not matter about limited coil, just grab one from a 357 or similar for unlimited. You are talking about updates, not interchangeability.

You said you could not think of one part that is not interchangeable...the 365 bolt-on intake boot is not interchangeable. It's specific to that 365 cylinder which uses it.

I wasn't trying to prove you wrong, but there are parts that are not interchangeable, just like you can't use an OE brake handle with an XT top cover - the OE brake handle
won't clear it without some grinding.

Yes, I pointed out other differences between the 371 and 372, which were part of the natural evolution of that series, just like tens of thousands of other products manufactured over a long period.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You said you could not think of one part that is not interchangeable...the 365 bolt-on intake boot is not interchangeable. It's specific to that 365 cylinder which uses it.

I wasn't trying to prove you wrong, but there are parts that are not interchangeable, just like you can't use an OE brake handle with an XT top cover - the OE brake handle
won't clear it without some grinding.

Yes, I pointed out other differences between the 371 and 372, which were part of the natural evolution of that series, just like tens of thousands of other products manufactured over a long period.
I stand corrected. :)

Fullkip

Timber Faller/Saw Porter/Hunting Guide
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know that the cranks are different, 371 have a smaller hole on the big end bearing pin. They have a different part number.
There were lots of cracked dogs and cases on 371s do to a bad vibration harmonic.
Cranks can be swapped though...

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
1:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are the flywheels interchangeable from 371 too 372 for the Xpg models
or does anything else fit the 371xpg

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the top cover and brake handle differences that outback mentioned.....the original cover was longer and extended a little too far over the top of the muffler resulting in some heat issues. The later cover was shortened and pulled back a little. The brake handle then had to be changed to eliminate the gap that resulted. A third cover and taller brake handle was needed for the XT. The XT brake will pass over the old cover, but not the other way around.