Husqvarna 2100 cylinder options

Shane¹

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey I already probably know the answer but curious if anyone has used the cheaper 2100 cylinders on ebay? I used a factory one on a dolmar 123 2100 hybrid and it is an amazing saw. So I am thinking about trying one of these aftermarket cylinders and making another one I know the dukes cylinder is a great option but it's twice the money of others. Worth it or not? What's your guys thoughts?

rbmopar

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How big of a job was it to do the 123 hybrid? I have one of those collecting dust and that sound like a great use for it!

Shane¹

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How big of a job was it to do the 123 hybrid? I have one of those collecting dust and that sound like a great use for it!
You have to grind out the case, slot mounting holes in cylinder, cut down cylinder flange and base, grind bottom fins off to get to bolt holes easier. I used 066 big bore piston, used 133 carb and made choke and throttle linkage and used 288xp air filter and elbow. Also made a muffler which I used a 112 muffler to start because 123 ones are way too valuable. By the way I am not a master saw builder so I have no idea what timing numbers are or if it would have been stronger changing some port numbers. Was just a cool project for me

IMG_20220423_114632523.jpg

IMG_20220510_204222668.jpg

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You have to grind out the case, slot mounting holes in cylinder, cut down cylinder flange and base, grind bottom fins off to get to bolt holes easier. I used 066 big bore piston, used 133 carb and made choke and throttle linkage and used 288xp air filter and elbow. Also made a muffler which I used a 112 muffler to start because 123 ones are way too valuable. By the way I am not a master saw builder so I have no idea what timing numbers are or if it would have been stronger changing some port numbers. Was just a cool project for me

View attachment 346769

View attachment 346768
That's impressive

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never tried swaping cylinders except once with an 036 Stihl cylinder on an 034 bottom end which worked very well .Other than that you will never know if you never try .

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Found the video.
It's an 1100cd. I have no clue if the cylinder is the same as I'm not smart on the old Husky stuffs.
Here's a vidja of my 2100cd running the then prototype cylinder for proof of concept that ran better than it did with the stock cylinder and no other changes made. Also the cylinder in the 1100cd is the same and is just as nice a unit as the prototype. When you get one in hand you'll see how crisp and clean the ports are laid into the cylinder, the plated bore honed to size properly and without casting bloopers, this ain't no mud hut or bare foot in a sandlot operation going on here, these folks do this for a living.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's a vidja of my 2100cd running the then prototype cylinder for proof of concept that ran better than it did with the stock cylinder and no other changes made. Also the cylinder in the 1100cd is the same and is just as nice a unit as the prototype. When you get one in hand you'll see how crisp and clean the ports are laid into the cylinder, the plated bore honed to size properly and without casting bloopers, this ain't no mud hut or bare foot in a sandlot operation going on here, these folks do this for a living.
Wow! I'm sold. Nice that you know how to sharpen too. That thing was boiling through the wood

huskyhank

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yes Sir!!!
Very impressive.