How about an old Husqvarna L77?

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
8:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried this one with some old .050 .404 chipper and a 24" bar. Its a maple butt.
Really a strong saw, I got it out of a dumpster so the kill wire was pulled out of the ignition at some point (thats why I pulled the plug lead)

Maintenance Chief

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Heres one with a bow , new Exl
.058 full comp and an 8 tooth spur sprocket.
It was surprisingly smooth with a bow bar.
A fellow in Georgia bought this one from me for his father (Christmas)who ran one in the 70s when they came out.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn that brings back memories! As a teenager my parents would send me off the my grandfathers farm in Alabama. AND he would send me off to run a bow bar on a Poulan in the summer on a pulp wood operation to earn money to pizz away racing motorcycles.. Kept me out ot trouble and away from my GF...which meant out of trouble there as well :) But learned the difference between a Yankee and a Damn Yankee ( The local's didn't really care for me that much, first thing my grandfather would do is take me to the local barber and they would skin my head. I certainly, stuck out! Everyone knew I was that kid from New York...was like the "Letter" in that book )

Maintenance Chief

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn that brings back memories! As a teenager my parents would send me off the my grandfathers farm in Alabama. AND he would send me off to run a bow bar on a Poulan in the summer on a pulp wood operation to earn money to pizz away racing motorcycles.. Kept me out ot trouble and away from my GF...which meant out of trouble there as well :) But learned the difference between a Yankee and a Damn Yankee ( The local's didn't really care for me that much, first thing my grandfather would do is take me to the local barber and they would skin my head. I certainly, stuck out! Everyone knew I was that kid from New York...was like the "Letter" in that book )

I've got a poulan 4200 bow I'm just about done with , I did a complete tear down on it 2 months ago, unfortunately I have a weird air leak and have to make some block off plates to do a leak down/ pressure test.When its done you want me to mail it and a rebel flag to you? Lol
I'll have to run the L77 a little bit tomorrow and try some noodling with the old chipper chain it should really make some good kindling!

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It did waste the bar groove though :( I would like to find another 77 to do a bearing up build at some point. That's a good running machine for any age or year. :)

Maintenance Chief

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got 2 now.
One started life as a 65 but the fellow I did some trading with told me his dad received it burned up and swapped the L77 piston and cylinder to it as well as to top cover.
I should probably disassemble it for a clean up.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a L65. So I should get a top cover and topend from a 77? Bolt on swap?

Maintenance Chief

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really don't have many selections of husqvarna saws but , the 480cd and some others in that generation may swap also, honestly I wonder how far it goes? I did inquire about the 2100 swap but was told that it wasn't a swap.