jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
12:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
AWSOME THANKS! It hasn't ran for years. Got it to fire first pull now. Dont even know what to do with it lol..

Plenty of people would be interested in buying it but I would hang onto it if I were you. Those are cool old machines and pretty rare.

Power Machinery closed up shop not long after the 276 was released and the Skil versions are much harder to find than the PM versions of those same saws.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Plenty of people would be interested in buying it but I would hang onto it if I were you. Those are cool old machines and pretty rare.

Power Machinery closed up shop not long after the 276 was released and the Skil versions are much harder to find than the PM versions of those same saws.
Yes I doubt they will want to sell with how much sentimental value and all. Just wanted a ball park to let them know what they have.. hope I find some more treasures in this old shop ! It was a ceiling ornament until yesterday!

bagpipingtrucker

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If it's a 100+cc saw and in solid shape I'd say several hundred dollars would be easy to fetch.

Homelite collector in training [emoji879]

Last edited:

bagpipingtrucker

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that it was a shop saw with sentimental value, that being said you can't price a saw like that.
I try dealing with guys trying to sell grandpa's old saw that grandma got him when he started the business and it always comes back to sentiment vs actual value so I don't bother.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that it was a shop saw with sentimental value, that being said you can't price a saw like that.
I try dealing with guys trying to sell grandpa's old saw that grandma got him when he started the business and it always comes back to sentiment vs actual value so I don't bother.

Yea I dont think grandmas gonna want to keep it lol. I hope the family keeps it. Im the in law so I'm out of luck lol ..I'm in love with it. Such a beast part of history.. wouldn't want to mess with guy who ran this all day lol.. his thumbs alone would be ripped from the push pump oiler! Should be in mesuem in Vancouver maybe.. I there any such thing? Only thing wrong I the nut that holds kill switch is missing. The switch is hanging out ..easy fix and the solid gas in tank. I ran it out of a bottle to test fire. Gonna cut a peice or two try it out.. grandpa had it all fixed up.. looks like head was off. years ago and it wouldn't run. The fuel line was cracked and filter plugged! Took 5 mins and filled the shop with 2 stoke! Hahahaha

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That looks like a 276 to me, the Skil version for sure.

bagpipingtrucker

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So is there any update on the saw? Just wondering if it's a good runner and what happened to it. There's a local selling a beautiful 1661 but after our initial conversation she's not reached out to me again. It appers that she is trying to sell a ton of old stuff too high in price and nothing has moved yet so maybe she's giving up.

303423c98f13ff96af3669755b3c17aa.jpg
8b4f5a3961942f296dde05f504ab73a8.jpg
061a3facce0577d59fda16f74c11832f.jpg

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey sorry yea I got the saw running have video if it but cant upload it for some reason. It's pretty sentimental to family but they have no use for it. And seems like none of the grand kids have interest. I imagine they would sell it. It's the 123 cc I'm gonna change the gear box oil. And fit broken kill switch. The fuel tank was very corroded but cleaned up nice.. starts first pull once it's been run.. it's a beast sounds like a 70s dirt bike lol!