Help identifying chainsaw

kfr911216

New OPE Member
Local time
2:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello, last month my 029 super was stolen. I found one on fb marketplace with identical marks as mine. The guy selling it sent me a picture of only a serial number and not the whole saw. And refused to send a picture of the saw and serial number.

I was hoping someone could look up this serial number and get the model for it? Serial number he sent is 244004101. Thank you for any help or knowledge!

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will run it for you tomorrow if no one else does before then... basic info i got from an online lookup is that its a 1998ish serial number that was built in virginia beach... thats all i have found when i dont have my stihl login LOL

highlander1985

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello, last month my 029 super was stolen. I found one on fb marketplace with identical marks as mine. The guy selling it sent me a picture of only a serial number and not the whole saw. And refused to send a picture of the saw and serial number.

I was hoping someone could look up this serial number and get the model for it? Serial number he sent is 244004101. Thank you for any help or knowledge!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Why don't you drive over and check it out, if it's yours just take it.

kfr911216

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi buddy I looked up the number you gave came up empty. Somewhere around the bottom of the gas tank is an 11 digit number if it starts 1127 its a 029 039 hope this helps.
What does it mean if it came up empty? There is a number where the chain goes that starts with 1127. I was hoping to get definite answer. Probably no way to do that? Either way, though the guy said that he was Going Out of the country for 10 days. but sounded really shady.. and I'm assuming he said the 10 days to buy him some time. but even after 10 days he's gonna have to show the sheriff the exact chainsaw on marketplace with. That same serial number. . so if he's lying? I guess the truth will come out. but but thank you very much for your information. I really do appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Kristen

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What does it mean if it came up empty?
I think he meant that it does not show registered to anyone in Stihl's system, which is how it would tie the serial number to the saw. As far as I know there isn't a set serial number format to type of saw for Stihl saws to look up like you can do for some of the other brand saws out there.