Fuel line preferred brand

Welderman85

OPE Member
Local time
8:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a few saw that need the lines replaced. Is tygon still the go to good line? I have sorta heard about echo and there black line. I plan to keep these saws so I would likenit to last. Thank you

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tyron is old school…. Echo line is the new superstar!!! Good stuff!!!

Goinwheelin

New OPE Member
Local time
5:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I prefer Tygon LP-1200 gotta make sure you are getting actual Tygon line not a knockoff though.

Goinwheelin

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can’t visually verify fuel flow with the Echo line. No thanks

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can’t visually verify fuel flow with the Echo line. No thanks
When you pop the line off the carburetor and fuel squirts you in the eye, you have fuel.

Too many issues with Tygon line over the years. Some of it would melt inside the tank, some of it would get hard inside the tank, some of it had liners that would separate from the rest of the line and fill the carb with goo. It’s just junk. I tear out every piece I find in a chainsaw

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The HyWay curly Q line works well for the Huskies that came equip with a curly line.

There is a big difference between actual Tygon line and the yellow stuff sold by Oregon and others. Still I only use Tygon for funny fuel applications where rubber won't last long.

Don't use Tygon on impulse lines, the heat causes it to loose the tension on the barb and will cause an air leak. I use Stihl impulse line or Echo fuel line.

EFSM

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Many OEM's use clear line for primer return in trimmers/blowers. That tends to go hard several times more quickly than the black stuff. Echo line is great. Stihl stuff is fine too. I'd get whatever is cheapest. The black line has way better UV resistance too.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I
When you pop the line off the carburetor and fuel squirts you in the eye, you have fuel.

Too many issues with Tygon line over the years. Some of it would melt inside the tank, some of it would get hard inside the tank, some of it had liners that would separate from the rest of the line and fill the carb with goo. It’s just junk. I tear out every piece I find in a chainsaw
I refreshed my 288 and put new tygon in it
And didn't need the saw so i put it away for a couple of year's
Even though i never fueled it after replacing the fuel line
It melted and collapsed.

Goinwheelin

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The issues stem from user error. Tygon is just a brand name, it’s imperative to match the type of tubing to the application. I’ve had zero problems using genuine Tygon in the proper application

Goinwheelin

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The HyWay curly Q line works well for the Huskies that came equip with a curly line.

There is a big difference between actual Tygon line and the yellow stuff sold by Oregon and others. Still I only use Tygon for funny fuel applications where rubber won't last long.

Don't use Tygon on impulse lines, the heat causes it to loose the tension on the barb and will cause an air leak. I use Stihl impulse line or Echo fuel line.
The yellow stuff is not meant for submerged applications. Good tip on not using it for impulse lines