High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Flywheel thinkin

twinstaged

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone cut into a stock aluminum flywheel and see how the center hub is cast in place dimension wise. Specifically a 660 flywheel. I have a pretty good idea from looking, but more of the hub could be hiding under the surface. I guess I could sacrifice one to get the knowledge unless there is some "been there done" that from someone here? Thanks

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone cut into a stock aluminum flywheel and see how the center hub is cast in place dimension wise. Specifically a 660 flywheel. I have a pretty good idea from looking, but more of the hub could be hiding under the surface. I guess I could sacrifice one to get the knowledge unless there is some "been there done" that from someone here? Thanks
Where are you goin with this?

twinstaged

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Two piece flywheel with pinned locations for timing degrees as a test tool or just run it. Just a random thought at the bench today.

Outback

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like you could do that with two flywheels and an old crank end to chuck up in the lathe.

twinstaged

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah that was the plan. I'd probably make a mandrel with the same taper so I could run it between centers.