Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
10:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_3463.JPG IMG_3462.JPG
These were my for sale pics after I found forums. Sold and bought this.
IMG_1450.JPG
IMG_1455.JPG
Still haven't started it.?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl 064AV it was my dad's logging saw, got it when I was 10 yrs old, cut a lot of firewood with it that year to buy my first compound bow

I thought you didn't have a 064

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dont worry about ready to get one my self

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Poulan s-25 ,sold under the Dayton brand name ,orange . .Sale price $139.95 had it been Poulan green it would have been $169 .Still have it still runs great .I had that thing over 35 years before I had to rebuild the carb .

I still have the original hard nose 14" bar on that thing that I've dressed at least 4 times but have no idea how many sprockets and chains I've gone though .I haven't lit it off in two years but I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut it would fire in less than half a dozen .Damned good little saw .

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Honestly I don't remember the 1st saw I owned I grow up around chainsaws they was nothing special
wasn't until I was in my late 30's and I got on the net that I realized chainsaws are some magical mysterious thing only real men can use or some crap don't get me wrong I'm no pro on a saw not in my mind anyway but I can hand file blind folded does that count? and what a strange world of internet learned we live in?? things can get real odd at times with these types of I internet learned lots of stuff! then you see a vid of em on a saw and OMG my nana has more confidence running a saw haha.
Anyways what was I saying that's right I do remember the 1st saw I pulled the trigger on think I was 4-5 years old 1977 (was helping my old man keep the beast under control if memory serves me right looked like he was struggling through id offer a hand! lol jking).
Chit where did the time go? the young me (early 20s) would have told the old me to get out the of the bloody road ya old frat! ha.

137-Chris & Lloyd-Oct 1977.jpg

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Honestly I don't remember the 1st saw I owned I grow up around chainsaws they was nothing special
wasn't until I was in my late 30's and I got on the net that I realized chainsaws are some magical mysterious thing only real men can use or some crap don't get me wrong I'm no pro on a saw not in my mind anyway but I can hand file blind folded does that count? and what a strange world of internet learned we live in?? things can get real odd at times with these types of I internet learned lots of stuff! then you see a vid of em on a saw and OMG my nana has more confidence running a saw haha.
Anyways what was I saying that's right I do remember the 1st saw I pulled the trigger on think I was 4-5 years old 1977 (was helping my old man keep the beast under control if memory serves me right looked like he was struggling through id offer a hand! lol jking).
Chit where did the time go? the young me (early 20s) would have told the old me to get out the of the bloody road ya old frat! ha.

View attachment 61333

I totally see what you saying but for me saws give me this since of nostalgia by how 5 min with some hand tools and you can see feel and hear a difference in the machine operation. Not much stuff out there like it these days. And awsome pic man love it

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I totally see what you saying but for me saws give me this since of nostalgia by how 5 min with some hand tools and you can see feel and hear a difference in the machine operation. Not much stuff out there like it these days. And awsome pic man love it
I not knocking the guys that have a passion for chainsaws no matter their skill was talking the big time dudes like on AS for example usually they attack the home owners how dare they own a saw type stuff then you see a vid of em after all the big talk using a saw then it's like ok yeah whatever go get em girlfriend women rock! lol

Last edited:

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I acquired this 1-10 from my Dad in 1973. He bought it new around 1969. Still have it, still as loud as ever.
77bea563bb5104caed10c3b4b82a4050.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like many others, I grew up around saws and always had dad's to borrow if needed. I moved off, started my own business doing wildlife management plans for landowners/lessees. Realized I needed a good saw so I bought a 272xp. It was my first "personal" saw. I have since sold it since I never had a real need for it when I started doing what I do know. I wish I had it back.

D B Cooper

44:1 Bel-Ray MC1
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My first saw was a Eager Beaver 2.0 Still runs.

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Homelite super ez that the neighbor gave up on. With a little work I got it going and ran it for years.