Fast tach holders

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it just ABS or PLA? They make that in orange.

Chris Riley

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I can tell you the easiest way to fix that one is going to be send me a private message with a shipping address and I will send you a fancy new red one with the screws instead of glue. That being said you could scrape that old glue up a bit and try to make it nice and flat so it will have good contact area for the glue to adhere. I used a good CA (cyanoacrylate) glue, if you have tire glue for RC cars that will work fine too. I've messed around with several different super glue in general. You may try a good gel super glue also, it really depends on the which brand of material I used on those. I think that most all super glue has CA in it with varying amounts. As we printed more and more of these the material changed numerous times and so did the glue that was used. We finally redesigned then to eliminate the glue for that reason. Pretty sure this is the first I've seen fail because of the glue. Get me an address and I'll fix you up

Last edited:

Chris Riley

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The screw that I use are a #6 x 1/2 sheet metal screw and I have put screws into the glued style. If you do it just do a couple corners, they don't like 4 screws in them. I print the pilot holes in the clamp and a countersunk holes on the base so they play well together now.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
1:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can tell you the easiest way to fix that one is going to be send me a private message with a shipping address and I will send you a fancy new red one with the screws instead of glue. That being said you could scrape that old glue up a bit and try to make it nice and flat so it will have good contact area for the glue to adhere. I used a good CA (cyanoacrylate) glue, if you have tire glue for RC cars that will work fine too. I've messed around with several different super glue in general. You may try a good gel super glue also, it really depends on the which brand of material I used on those. I think that most all super glue has CS in it with varying amounts. As we printed more and more of these the material changed numerous times and so did the glue that was used. We finally redesigned then to eliminate the glue for that reason. Pretty sure this is the first I've seen fail because of the glue. Get me an address and I'll fix you up

Gentlemen. This is how it's done.

Thank you Chris.

Matt Ellerbee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can tell you the easiest way to fix that one is going to be send me a private message with a shipping address and I will send you a fancy new red one with the screws instead of glue. That being said you could scrape that old glue up a bit and try to make it nice and flat so it will have good contact area for the glue to adhere. I used a good CA (cyanoacrylate) glue, if you have tire glue for RC cars that will work fine too. I've messed around with several different super glue in general. You may try a good gel super glue also, it really depends on the which brand of material I used on those. I think that most all super glue has CA in it with varying amounts. As we printed more and more of these the material changed numerous times and so did the glue that was used. We finally redesigned then to eliminate the glue for that reason. Pretty sure this is the first I've seen fail because of the glue. Get me an address and I'll fix you up

Outstanding!

Chris Riley

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Orange 1 Edited.jpg Orange 2 Edited.jpg

Update time
!! I am printing the cases again. I've got some orange material that seems to be working well. I do have a bit of a line for these, currently 7 of them are spoken for. It may take a week to get those sorted out. If you would like an orange one they are still priced at $20 shipped so let me know and i'll get you on the list. I will keep everyone updated!