FarmMac f660vw

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So far I haven't found any major issues. I did get shorted a fuel filter. I may contact the seller as just kind of a what the heck? I pulled the spark plug and it is a "torch" brand. Will swap that out with an NGK. Only port on the cylinder I can get a good look at is the exhaust and the bevel looks very nice. Decompression valve feels a little loose and not quite right... Will swap for an oem.
Chain tensioner isn't the smoothest but, pretty standard for a clone saw. I attempted to remove the muffler just to have a look at the ex port and piston. One of the bottom muffler bolts was very tight and had locking compound on it. Well it rounded off the T27 and damaged the screw. Was able to remove it by hammering in a larger size torx. I filled the tank with gas and pulled the cord 3-4 times and it fired. One more pull and she was running. I haven't messed with the carb settings or idle. High speed is very rich but, it says in their little instruction manual to run it like that for 3/4 of an hour and then tune it to reach max rpm. Muffler did have a little spooge on it prior to starting the saw so it appears to have been test ran. I was looking at replacement air filters just to have a spare. Went to the max flow site and found this funny disclaimer about copycat max flow setups.

Attachments

• 20221015_133954.jpg
    20221015_133954.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20221016_100225.jpg
    20221016_100225.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 32

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
12:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So far I haven't found any major issues. I did get shorted a fuel filter. I may contact the seller as just kind of a what the heck? I pulled the spark plug and it is a "torch" brand. Will swap that out with an NGK. Only port on the cylinder I can get a good look at is the exhaust and the bevel looks very nice. Decompression valve feels a little loose and not quite right... Will swap for an oem.
Chain tensioner isn't the smoothest but, pretty standard for a clone saw. I attempted to remove the muffler just to have a look at the ex port and piston. One of the bottom muffler bolts was very tight and had locking compound on it. Well it rounded off the T27 and damaged the screw. Was able to remove it by hammering in a larger size torx. I filled the tank with gas and pulled the cord 3-4 times and it fired. One more pull and she was running. I haven't messed with the carb settings or idle. High speed is very rich but, it says in their little instruction manual to run it like that for 3/4 of an hour and then tune it to reach max rpm. Muffler did have a little spooge on it prior to starting the saw so it appears to have been test ran. I was looking at replacement air filters just to have a spare. Went to the max flow site and found this funny disclaimer about copycat max flow setups.

Thats pretty hilarious, about the max flow disclaimer. Not "USFS land approved " , I don't know if they have checked recently but not much is in alot of places, including ported saws or muffler modifications. I bought a Maxflo kit for my 088 and the filter element was the same foam sold by any major manufacturer ,including Uni-filter. Their plastics were horrible and did not fit the 088 , when I contacted them they were extremely nice but flat told me the kit was only meant for the 084 but they sold it as an 088,ms880 kit too?
Anyway I think the pro-filter option is over priced as well . 40.00$ for a plastic cage to hold 75 cents worth of foam.

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats pretty hilarious, about the max flow disclaimer. Not "USFS land approved " , I don't know if they have checked recently but not much is in alot of places, including ported saws or muffler modifications. I bought a Maxflo kit for my 088 and the filter element was the same foam sold by any major manufacturer ,including Uni-filter. Their plastics were horrible and did not fit the 088 , when I contacted them they were extremely nice but flat told me the kit was only meant for the 084 but they sold it as an 088,ms880 kit too?
Anyway I think the pro-filter option is over priced as well . 40.00$ for a plastic cage to hold 75 cents worth of foam.

Yeah I thought their disclaimer was pretty funny... Considering the copy "inferior quality" is better quality than the original in this case. I've never had any authority type person ask to "inspect my saw" I don't think they much care about that kinda thing here. I bought this farmMac because it was cool looking and came with a bunch of bling items and wasn't much more than a farmertec clone kit would cost me to buy and assemble.

slackinoff

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How is it running? I've got a major itch for another kit build. It's going to be either a 660 or a 200t.

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How is it running? I've got a major itch for another kit build. It's going to be either a 660 or a 200t.
I haven't had time to really try her out yet. I just have my 20" on her right now and made a few cuts in some pine and she runs right through it.
They have the carb set up really rich from the factory for "break-in" figured I'd run a tank through her like that and then dial her in. I have a 24" bar and chain I'm going to throw on it tomorrow.
I was tempted to get another box saw. I just have a lot of projects going on at the moment. I sold my box saw to my dad's neighbor who is a bit of a tree guy and bought this Neo-tech one to play with. I may get the matching west coast clutch cover to throw on her. The small cover looks kinda silly on a big saw.... 20221015_133349.jpg

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see! Have you built a 200t kit? They look kind of fiddly to put together.

I have not. The non China arborist saws are fiddly enough... I was thinking about maybe getting one to build but, I don't have much use for one. Buddy of mine did buy a his 200t from stihl and it is a bit of a problem child. Crank seals were toast within a year of occasional use.
Scored the cylinder up pretty bad and so I put some China parts on it and now it mostly collects dust as he got a Ms180 for his tiny saw needs.

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just put together my china ms200t again, the case bearings was sloppy so I put in oem bearings, new am seals, oem intake rubber, fuel and impulse hose. But I lost the sleeve in the intake so I ordered a oem one, 2$.

I sanded the squish band flat and turned the base for a .020 squish.

slackinoff

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have not. The non China arborist saws are fiddly enough... I was thinking about maybe getting one to build but, I don't have much use for one. Buddy of mine did buy a his 200t from stihl and it is a bit of a problem child. Crank seals were toast within a year of occasional use.
Scored the cylinder up pretty bad and so I put some China parts on it and now it mostly collects dust as he got a Ms180 for his tiny saw needs.

That is a good point. A small rear handle would be a lot easier to fix. I have a need for a small saw, but not a top necessarily a top handle.

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is a good point. A small rear handle would be a lot easier to fix. I have a need for a small saw, but not a top necessarily a top handle.

170/180 are fairly cheap. They are by no means a commercial quality saw though but, they get the job done.

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just put together my china ms200t again, the case bearings was sloppy so I put in oem bearings, new am seals, oem intake rubber, fuel and impulse hose. But I lost the sleeve in the intake so I ordered a oem one, 2$.

I sanded the squish band flat and turned the base for a .020 squish.

She back running?

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Played with the fv660 today and she seems to run very well. Only issue is that the Revs kinda hang for a second when going back to idle. I fiddled with the high and low but, could not tune it out and the idle adjustment doesn't appear to travel as far as it should. So I'll have to investigate that a little.