High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Echo string trimmer draws line in

rainman

OPE Member
Local time
8:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have owned this trimmer for years and never had any problem with it. It just suddenly started drawing line in as it is running. When you bump it, it lets line out as it should. But if you just let it run without bumping it, the line gets slowly drawn in, so after a minute or two, it is completely drawn in.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pull the head apart & work out what's going on. I use Speedfeed™ heads by Shindaiwa & don't use others anymore. But all of them are pretty simple to pull apart and see how they work.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like the spool may be loose inside the head, causing the outer part to turn faster than the inside. Some older heads could be reloaded without disassembly, you would insert the line and then wind the bottom part like a clockspring. Maybe the bottom part is not locked in place, and its trying to reload itself?

soniabell8mg

New OPE Member
Local time
2:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Sounds like the spool may be loose inside the head, causing the outer part to turn faster than the inside. Some older heads could be reloaded without disassembly, you would insert the line and then wind the bottom part like a clockspring. Maybe the bottom part is not locked in place, and its trying to reload itself?
Weeds are, as we think, just grass with which it is very easy to cope, but by the examples of all those people who buy and seriously care for them so that nothing bad happens and no breakdown occurs. But more often than not, trimmers break not from time to time, but from the fact that they are stored incorrectly. And many people actually pay a lot of money to fix them when they themselves leave them in a leaky shed or wet basement. And if after reading this you are asking yourself how not to make such mistakes, then this page will help you. This is a site that provides information and advice on trimmers that will be useful to everyone. Don't miss the opportunity to get useful information just like that.

Last edited:

Husky268

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do yourself a favor and put a new head on it and be done with it.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 4 or 5 trimmers and most of them have nylon blades .I dislike string and buy generic nylon blades about 50 or 60 count for a fraction of the cost as from a dealer .The last sting head I had shot down my driveway when I tapped it at about 100 MPH heading north towards Canada .It may have made it had not been for Lake Erie .