Echo PB500t

DrewUth

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Local time
10:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have this blower that’s been in my attic for a few years…got it at the dump, was clearly straight gassed when new. Took it apart, required some fairly aggressive techniques as the piston was really stuck well. Looked up prices of a cyl/piston kit and nearly fell over, stored it away.

Cleaning this week and I drug it out. Anyone have a good used cyl/piston I could slap on this thing just to make it run? It’s practically brand new, I see used runners for $150 on marketplace and a piston and cyl kit is $180+ wherever I look…what’s special about this model? I see kits going for half that price for other echo models, what gives?!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That blower has a double reed system in it. They are a *b-word to adjust

DrewUth

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that why the top end kits are so much more expensive than others though? That’s what’s really confusing to me. I just want to put this thing together and run it but I can’t bring myself to spend $150+ on parts for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe look for a decent used one and use this as a parts machine? Echo p/c's normally run forever as long as you don't overheat it or straight gas.